Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Printing problems "Instructions for Two-Sided Printing

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
bjmarren
2 Lemon pips

Printing problems "Instructions for Two-Sided Printing

Postby bjmarren » March 11th, 2019, 2:54 pm

Hi All,

I have, what I know will be a very stupid question, but it is something that is driving my wife (and consequently me) mad.
I recently connected our printer to my wife's newish laptop. When she prints something, either a single page or more pages, she always get a sheet entitled "Instructions for Two-Sided Printing". I have gone into settings, printers, preferences and looked at the two sided printing section and have fiddled around with the settings but to no avail. I am sure that the solution is simple but is obviously my pea-sized brain! Can anyone help to get rid of this extra sheet whenever we want to print.

Many, many thanks in advance.

Brendan

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Re: Printing problems "Instructions for Two-Sided Printing

Postby ReformedCharacter » March 11th, 2019, 3:00 pm

bjmarren wrote:Hi All,

I have, what I know will be a very stupid question, but it is something that is driving my wife (and consequently me) mad.
I recently connected our printer to my wife's newish laptop. When she prints something, either a single page or more pages, she always get a sheet entitled "Instructions for Two-Sided Printing". I have gone into settings, printers, preferences and looked at the two sided printing section and have fiddled around with the settings but to no avail. I am sure that the solution is simple but is obviously my pea-sized brain! Can anyone help to get rid of this extra sheet whenever we want to print.

Many, many thanks in advance.

Brendan

Hi, what sort of printer?

RC

bjmarren
2 Lemon pips

Postby bjmarren » March 11th, 2019, 4:11 pm

Hi RC,

It's a Lexmark E120.

Brendan

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » March 11th, 2019, 4:41 pm

bjmarren wrote:It's a Lexmark E120.

I believe this is controlled in the software part of the printer. Check the Lexmark Productivity Studio under settings. There should be an option that says enable instructions page for 2 side printing.
http://www.fixya.com/support/t12429368- ... _two_sided

Nocton
Lemon Slice

Postby Nocton » March 11th, 2019, 7:03 pm

Get yourself a printer like the HP Envy 5546 that I have - it does the two-sided automatically and is no bigger than a normal inkjet printer.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » March 11th, 2019, 8:00 pm

Nocton wrote:Get yourself a printer like the HP Envy 5546 that I have - it does the two-sided automatically and is no bigger than a normal inkjet printer.

Yeah.

But the OP has a Lexmark E120 printer, which he'd like to be able to print with. NOT an "HP Envy 5546"...

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » March 11th, 2019, 8:09 pm

XFool wrote:
Nocton wrote:Get yourself a printer like the HP Envy 5546 that I have - it does the two-sided automatically and is no bigger than a normal inkjet printer.

Yeah.

But the OP has a Lexmark E120 printer, which he'd like to be able to print with. NOT an "HP Envy 5546"...

Also, the OP hasn't even said that he wants to print two-sided.

What he wants to do is for the printer not to print an extra sheet entitled "Instructions for Two-Sided Printing" whenever anything is printed.

Scott.

bjmarren
2 Lemon pips

Postby bjmarren » March 12th, 2019, 6:32 am

Hi All,

Just to confirm what "swill453" said.

Whenever we print something, we always get an extra sheet on which it says "Instructions for Two-Sided Printing", which is annoying and wastes paper. WE just need to know how to stop this. I've looked at settings but have had no luck so far. I hope someone can help.

Cheers,

Brendan

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » March 12th, 2019, 9:14 am

I know nothing about the printer in question.

But I would imagine this bizarre behaviour must come from software: the archaic practice of vendors of peripherals (such as printers) supplying separate software, with its own idiosyncracies. If you can uninstall any "driver" software provided with it and just use native printer software, that would surely fix it.

As a first test, try connecting the printer to a 'puter you never intended for it and haven't installed any 'driver' on, and use generic driver software.

bjmarren
2 Lemon pips

Postby bjmarren » March 12th, 2019, 1:49 pm

Hi UncleEbenezer,

Thanks for your reply,

I went back to have another look at the settings and came across "restore to factory settings", and did so, and this seemed to solve the problem, at least by the time I left home this morning. No doubt my wife will let me know otherwise.

Cheers,

Brendan

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”