Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Android apps updating, even though autoupdate is off

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Android apps updating, even though autoupdate is off

Postby Slarti » April 26th, 2019, 11:17 am

I've got an old Moto G2 running Android 6 and keep auto update turned off, but there are a couple of apps that update when they want to, dont when I tell them to.

EG the Yamaha soundbox controller app has just done an update.
How do I know? Because I have Addons Detector running and it pops up to tell me that there are 5 new addons and when I look it shows HT Controller as the latest thing.

Anybody know how to stop this from happening?

Slarti

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Re: Android apps updating, even though autoupdate is off

Postby Infrasonic » April 27th, 2019, 1:18 pm

Not all apps respect the rules, I've noticed in the past that some Android apps even now don't have individual permissions settings, they are still on global.
You could try reporting the apps that auto update without permission to Google, it might force a compliant update.
They have been clamping down lately on apps that wander outside the terms and conditions that Google apply to developers.

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Re: Android apps updating, even though autoupdate is off

Postby Slarti » April 28th, 2019, 12:44 pm

Infrasonic wrote:Not all apps respect the rules, I've noticed in the past that some Android apps even now don't have individual permissions settings, they are still on global.
You could try reporting the apps that auto update without permission to Google, it might force a compliant update.
They have been clamping down lately on apps that wander outside the terms and conditions that Google apply to developers.

As I had Firefox do it, last night, I may well start by popping over to the Mozilla forums and see what is happening over there. Probably get a quicker response.

Slarti

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”