Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Oki laser printer fading in the middle of the page

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
didds
Lemon Half

Oki laser printer fading in the middle of the page

Postby didds » June 27th, 2019, 8:55 am

Very generic query - friend has a OKI laser printer, unsure of model as yet but im sure its domestic rather than commercial. Hes had it two years and I understand its pretty well used most days etc - buyt not millions of sheets per day etc.

It is fading in the middle of the paper when he prints - in his words "problem of faded printing about an inch and a half wide, right through the centre of a page - only on black toner though."

there's nothing on the web leaping out at me when I print. he's done the usual head cleaning routines etc via the provided s/w interface - but thois doesn't sound a print head issue to me (or whatever the laser equivalent is).

Ive suggested he try a new toner cartridge anyway "just to see".

didds

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Oki laser printer fading in the middle of the page

Postby bungeejumper » June 27th, 2019, 9:38 am

My trusty old Dell (8 years old now) has a peculiar habit which might perhaps offer a clue. From time to time, the tubes and innards that distribute the toner can get clogged, especially the yellow for some reason. I've tried replacing cartridges and hoovering out the toner tubes with the Dyson, but the thing that works most reliably is to unplug the printer and remove the cartridges, stand it on its side, and bang it gently against a soft(ish) surface. Might not be quite what you'd want to do with a newish printer, but it seems to clear the blockage for a year or so. ;)

Some variant of the above may shift it. You get the idea.

BJ

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”