Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Printer stopped working

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
johnstevens77
Lemon Slice

Printer stopped working

Postby johnstevens77 » August 28th, 2019, 9:38 pm

PIXMA MG3600 series. Canon inkjet 2500 series-USB001The message is:"The printer is off line, Check that the printer cable is connected and the printer power is on."
The printer is connected, the power is on and all the lights are lit, none of them are flashing and I printed a test page by pressing the inverted triangle in a circle on the top of the unit. I cannot print anything off the PC. I do know that it is low on ink. I thought to reinstall the software but this model seems to have disappeared off the web site.

Thanks

john

BobbyD
Lemon Half

Re: Printer stopped working

Postby BobbyD » August 29th, 2019, 2:38 am

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index? ... T161317#w7

If not try printing from another device and with a different cable.

johnstevens77
Lemon Slice

Postby johnstevens77 » August 29th, 2019, 9:59 am

Thank you BobbyD, with your help I have fixed it.

First I checked the printer off line icon and corrected that to use on line, still no joy, I then remembered that I had had a problem with the PC and had to revert to a previous setting and so reloaded the driver from the disc supplied, still no joy, printer off line. Eventually I saw that the machine was set to use the previous printer as defaut, changed that and it seems fine now.

john

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » August 29th, 2019, 11:48 am

johnstevens77 wrote:Eventually I saw that the machine was set to use the previous printer as default, changed that and it seems fine now.

john

I had a similar issue the other week on another PC that recently had a new printer installed.
I removed the old printer and set the default to manual rather then managed by Windows (unticked box 'let windows manage my default printer' ).

It may be coincidence but there were a few .NET updates the other week and I noticed some 'default printer' issues on the various Windows forums around that time.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”