Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

IPC360/Remote camera access

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
mc2fool
Lemon Half

IPC360/Remote camera access

Postby mc2fool » August 17th, 2019, 12:46 pm

My brother, who lives a couple of hundred miles from me and isn't very techie, has set up a camera at my mum's, who lives close to him and is in need of fairly regular attention, so he can keep an eye on her in case she takes a fall, etc, which he does remotely on both an iPad and an Android phone.

I've asked him how I can access it too and he said he uses the app IPC360 and told me to just follow the instructions as you go along and given me mum's router name (SSID)! Unsurprisingly I can't access mum's WiFi from a couple of hundred miles away, and the IPC360 app seems to only allow you to set up with a camera you initially have LAN access to. Presumably it then figures out for itself how to access the camera remotely.

I'm assuming what I need is the WAN IP address:port of the router:camera, along with (hopefully!) some security credentials, and then some software to connect to it (will a browser do it?).

So, I'm wondering if anyone has used IPC360 and can tell me what I should ask my brother to do to get me the necessary information. E.g. A "start IPC360, tap on the camera icon, then on XXX, then YYY and let me know all the info on that screen", type of instruction. Unfortunately I can't find any help on IPC360 online and the in-app help is pretty useless.....

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”