Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

MiFi novice

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
GarraGee
2 Lemon pips

MiFi novice

Postby GarraGee » October 4th, 2019, 12:45 pm

I've started using a mifi box, because my flat does not have BB connected.

Currently using a GiffGaff SIM with 6GB Data, and minutes and texts.

This rolls over on a monthly basis and I can either keep the current settings or go for a higher or lower figure.

I don't use anything like the data allowance, but still I have to start again each month.

DAK, is there a SIM on which the data allowance rolls over each month and I only buy another SIM when the data actually runs out. I don't need minutes or texts, either?

Hope I've explained things correctly.

Thanks.

GG

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: MiFi novice

Postby Itsallaguess » October 4th, 2019, 12:58 pm

GarraGee wrote:
DAK, is there a SIM on which the data allowance rolls over each month and I only buy another SIM when the data actually runs out.

I don't need minutes or texts, either?

Three do a range of no-contract 3G/4G data-sims with the following current price-points and time-limit from Amazon -

1GB - 1 month - £6.99
3GB - 3 months - £11.79
12GB - 12 months - £28.95
24GB - 24 months - £43.09

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Three-Mobile-Pay-Broadband-Data-Black/dp/B01M3VJ2B2

The data-allowance doesn't 'roll-over', but given the time-limit from first-activation, the 12-month and 24-month options may well work out economical for you with the same end-result.

The data SIM will expire when the first of either the data-limit or the time-limit from initial activation is met. There are options to continue purchasing more data with the same SIM, but I just rotate into the next one, and tend to use an active 24GB SIM and have a spare ready for when it runs out.

The two-year activation period for the 24GB option is quite sufficient for my needs, and I find this method of accessing mobile-data very useful and economical where there is no public wifi to use.

If this is something that looks worth pursuing, then do check the Three coverage for 3G and 4G in your area first -

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Network/Coverage

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

GarraGee
2 Lemon pips

Re: MiFi novice

Postby GarraGee » October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am

Much appreciated.

The 12 month option @ £28.95 seems just right for me.

Cheers

GG

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”