Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Outlook.com - 'sent' messages appearing twice

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Jonetc15
Lemon Slice

Outlook.com - 'sent' messages appearing twice

Postby Jonetc15 » October 9th, 2019, 7:59 pm

When I send a message it appears in the 'Sent' box in duplicate. I either delete one of them or I wait to see if after further use and switching off my iPhone one of them disappears. Sometimes the duplicate stays for several days. The messages seem to get through to the recipients judging from replies that I receive. I wonder what causes this duplication and how to get rid of it.

Also, from time to time I get a message 'not possible to send email', which then goes to 'Outbox' to wait.

TIA for any comments

Jon

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Re: Outlook.com - 'sent' messages appearing twice

Postby Laughton » October 9th, 2019, 10:12 pm

Not sure about the first part unless, maybe, you have your 'phone set up to automatically email a copy to yourself and the phone retains a copy for each recipient?? On your next email try copying it to a couple of other addresses and see if you get even more copies in your Sent folder.

Re the second part - isn't this when you try to send an email but there is no signal? That's often happening to me. I get that or a similar message, the email stays in the Outbox and goes when there is next a signal.

Jonetc15
Lemon Slice

Postby Jonetc15 » October 10th, 2019, 8:56 pm

Very many thanks Laughton for your trouble in replying. I'll follow up your helpful comments. Most grateful.

All the best

Jon

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » October 12th, 2019, 1:37 pm

I've just been into settings in my Outlook.com account and they've changed everything around again (I can't keep up...), so it could be that your duplicate 'sent' issue will resolve itself when the new settings settle down.

Jonetc15
Lemon Slice

Postby Jonetc15 » October 24th, 2019, 4:04 pm

Infrasonic wrote:I've just been into settings in my Outlook.com account and they've changed everything around again (I can't keep up...), so it could be that your duplicate 'sent' issue will resolve itself when the new settings settle down.

Apologies for the delay in thanking you, infrasonic, for your reply. The duplicate 'sent' issue continues, but as a sent message works its way down the list (or time passes) the duplicate usually disappears. Duplicate drafts seem to occur too. A mild irritant.

ATB

Jon

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » October 24th, 2019, 4:32 pm

Have a look through this Google search, it seems you are not alone...https://www.google.com/search?q=iphone+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”