Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Outlook changing fonts

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Outlook changing fonts

Postby Clitheroekid » October 30th, 2019, 12:50 pm

This is only a trivial matter, but it's irritating.

I'm using Outlook 2007 and my default font is Trebuchet. However, for some reason when I copy a hyperlink into an email it changes the font to Times and inserts the hyperlink in that font. If I then carry on typing past the hyperlink the rest of the message is in Times, which means I have to format paint it back into Trebuchet before sending it.

It never used to do this, and although I've Googled extensively I've not come up with a simple solution, so if there is one I'd be grateful to know it.

I've also noticed that if I insert a hyperlink or copy any formatted text into an email the spell check stops working at the point of insertion - again, hardly life-changing, but irritating, and a simple solution to this would also be appreciated.

stewamax
Lemon Quarter

Re: Outlook changing fonts

Postby stewamax » October 30th, 2019, 1:41 pm

Try:
File => Options =>Mail
Under Compose messages, click Editor options on the RHS then click Advanced
Under ‘Cut, copy and paste’ / ‘Pasting from other programs’ select ‘Merge formatting’
Click the OK button

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Re: Outlook changing fonts

Postby Clitheroekid » October 30th, 2019, 2:32 pm

stewamax wrote:Try:
File => Options =>Mail
Under Compose messages, click Editor options on the RHS then click Advanced
Under ‘Cut, copy and paste’ / ‘Pasting from other programs’ select ‘Merge formatting’
Click the OK button

The commands on Outlook 2007 don't correspond exactly with those, but I followed the same sort of route and solved the problem, so many thanks.

In the unlikely event of anyone else having the same problem the sequence was:

Office button
Editor Options
Advanced
Cut, copy and paste
Pasting from other programs - the default setting is `Keep source formatting', but by changing it to `Match destination formatting' it now changes hyperlinks to Trebuchet instead of Times - result! :D

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”