Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

BT login weirdness

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
genou
Lemon Quarter

BT login weirdness

Postby genou » November 20th, 2019, 12:59 pm

I am trying to get into a BT account to retrieve a bill. Immediately on login I get a SAML2 auto-post and get dropped into BT Yahoo Mail. At that point I am stuffed. I cannot return to any of the MyBT pages. If I attempt to, I get a new window and a login request, which then redirects me back to Yahoo Mail.

Any suggestions? Googling the issue returns tons of "how do I get into Yahoo" , but I can't see anything on getting out of the damn thing. I tried clearing cookies, but no joy.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: BT login weirdness

Postby Breelander » November 20th, 2019, 3:25 pm

genou wrote:...get dropped into BT Yahoo Mail. At that point I am stuffed. I cannot return to any of the MyBT pages...

VERY IMPORTANT: There are TWO independent passwords for <insert_name_here>@btinternet.com. One is for My BT and the other is for Yahoo Mail. If you are successfully signing in to BT Yahoo Mail then you are using the wrong one. The one login box at https://home.bt.com/login/loginform will accept either password, redirecting you to whichever one you used (My BT or email). I've just confirmed that with my own btinternet passwords.

genou
Lemon Quarter

Postby genou » November 20th, 2019, 3:57 pm

Breelander wrote:There are TWO independent passwords for <insert_name_here>@btinternet.com. One is for My BT and the other is for Yahoo Mail.
Hmm. That'll be why the MyBT app ( which I tried for the first time because of the problem ) wouldn't let me in either. Bit of digging needed here. It's MiL's account, and I got at the last bill, so did this change in the last three months ?

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » November 20th, 2019, 4:03 pm

genou wrote:
Breelander wrote:There are TWO independent passwords for <insert_name_here>@btinternet.com. One is for My BT and the other is for Yahoo Mail.
Hmm. That'll be why the MyBT app ( which I tried for the first time because of the problem ) wouldn't let me in either. Bit of digging needed here. It's MiL's account, and I got at the last bill, so did this change in the last three months ?

I had that problem a few weeks ago, finding that I had two saved passwords for the same login. It was fine when I had last looked for my bill, 6 months ago.

TJH

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » November 20th, 2019, 4:08 pm

genou wrote:... so did this change in the last three months ?

Maybe. I hadn't signed in to My BT for months before I tested this for you. My first successful sign in to My BT had a 'Welcome to the new look My BT...' popup.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”