Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Firefox spell check issues?

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: Firefox spell check issues?

Postby Breelander » July 4th, 2020, 2:58 pm

ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:...the spell checker in Firefox only works on some webpages and not on others. It isn't working here for example....

It works for me here, wriggly red underline and spelling suggestions when right-clicked. What version of Firefox do you have? Mine is the current Release Channel version 78.0.1.

The last time spelling stopped working for me was quite a while ago. Turned out that my dictionary was too old to work any more and I needed a new one. What dictionary do you have? Type about:addons in the address bar to find out. Mine is now using the 'British English Dictionary (Marco Pinto)'.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: Firefox spell check issues?

Postby Breelander » July 5th, 2020, 1:23 am

ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:Thank you, I have the same version, 64 Bit. I also now have the same dictionary as you, it instantly started working.

Much appreciated.

RVF

Glad to hear that. The update from 77 to 78 was probably what broke the old dictionary, new/updated functions in 78 stopped it working properly.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”