Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Flash, will it still play after 12/01/21?

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
wickham
Lemon Slice

Flash, will it still play after 12/01/21?

Postby wickham » January 5th, 2021, 8:03 am

I've had this message from Adobe: "Since Adobe will no longer be supporting Flash Player after 31 December 2020 and Adobe will block Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning 12 January 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems.

Some users may continue to see reminders from Adobe to uninstall Flash Player from their system. See below for more details on how to uninstall Flash Player."

If I uninstall Flash as recommended, how will I see Flash content?

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Re: Flash, will it still play after 12/01/21?

Postby Infrasonic » January 5th, 2021, 9:04 am

wickham wrote:If I uninstall Flash as recommended, how will I see Flash content?

You won't...

If you leave it installed many browsers have it turned off by default anyway and have done so for some time. With browsers like Chrome you can allow it on a site by site basis as needed.
There is still the odd Flash site around but the majority these days are HTML5.
If you don't really need it then uninstalling it is a good idea as it then can't be exploited as a security vulnerability (which has been Flash's achilles heel for years).

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Re: Flash, will it still play after 12/01/21?

Postby Infrasonic » January 15th, 2021, 2:26 pm

https://www.howtogeek.com/707830/how-to ... nd-beyond/
Adobe Flash is officially dead, and that means you should stop using it. But what if you have to use it? How can you run .SWF files or play online games from the good old days? Here’s what you need to know about running old Flash content...
Cont.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”