Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Microsoft Teams

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Microsoft Teams

Postby Infrasonic » April 30th, 2021, 2:38 pm

I've got the free apps installed on my Pixel 3a phone (Android 11) Lenovo S340 Chromebook (Android 9) and W10 Home PC (plus browser access) linked to my primary Microsoft account (no Azure or 365 accounts).

Contacts seem to have disappeared recently (allowed in permissions across the board) which I'm guessing is a deliberate update because of the recent security issues with Teams?

I know there have been several outages and general issues with Teams lately due to its popularity stretching the infrastructure to its limits - but it seems to be changing layout on a weekly basis and I'm getting sync issues across the board - but especially with W10. Teams is fully allow listed wherever I can do it across all the OS apps / browsers, so I'm struggling to find reasons for the flakiness other than it being at MS' end.

Anyone else suffering at the moment?
Any suggestions?

Lanark
Lemon Quarter

Re: Microsoft Teams

Postby Lanark » April 30th, 2021, 6:05 pm

Before Microsoft got their grubby hands on it Skype was really good, its a mystery why they had to mess it up so badly.

xeny
Lemon Slice

Postby xeny » May 1st, 2021, 9:20 am

I'm not having any functional problems, but I use teams with an O365 account.

Part of the problem is Teams is a bit of a kludge, and due to pandemic induced take-up giving huge growth, is getting a lot of developer time spent on it.

At points I think there's a degree of confusion going on between new and improved - for example splitting the menu off from the circular user icon in the menu bar, which was quickly reverted when the user base pointed out it would have to redo all its end user documentation.

The way it only installs into a user profile doesn't fill me with joy either.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » May 1st, 2021, 10:02 am

xeny wrote:
..due to pandemic induced take-up giving huge growth, [Teams] is getting a lot of developer time spent on it...

There was a time that I'd see that as being a positive thing to be happening, and that's just generally as well, and not just confined to something like Teams. Nowadays, I tend to think of lots of these 'software development' aspects as 'make-work', and simply regular opportunities to introduce unwanted or unforeseen issues for the user-base in general to then have to deal with....

xeny wrote:
At points I think there's a degree of confusion going on between new and improved - for example splitting the menu off from the circular user icon in the menu bar, which was quickly reverted when the user base pointed out it would have to redo all its end user documentation.

I rest my case, m'lord....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » May 1st, 2021, 9:21 pm

The contacts sync mystery is solved, only the Android and iOS apps have that facility (with the free tier anyway), the browser and W10 app don't.

Still getting frequent 'checking your credentials' refreshes across the board, two or three before it settles down. Ho hum...

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”