Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

SSD Brands

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
jaizan
Lemon Slice

Re: SSD Brands

Postby jaizan » June 25th, 2021, 6:58 pm

A few years ago I had an SSD failure.

So I did a bit of research using Amazon reviews.
Essentially I checked & compared the percentage of 1 star reviews on Amazon.UK, Amazon.DE and Amazon.com.
A 1 star review usually means it failed. Back in those days, Amazon was not merging data internationally either. So I could see the same story in each of the 3 international sites.

At the time Samsung & Intel had the best results, with 1% or less of 1 star reviews.
So I have been buying Samsung drives ever since, with no problems.
Either Sold By Amazon NOT the Marketplace frauds OR from another reliable company, such as Ebuyer,

In 2021, Amazon reviews are not as useful as they were, since the reviews for completely different generations of Samsung SSDs are all merged together, so we cannot tell if the new ones are better or worse.
Also, fraudulent reviews are rampant & Amazon do not act on customer reports about this. However, the fake reviews tend to be more for sectors with unknown Chinese brands which tend to be here today and gone next year.

So Samsung every time. I'm not interested in saving £20 by going for another brand. Think of the time & cost when it fails !

Also, I have a main data SSD in my PC and I use Robocopy to back up the most important data to another SSD in the PC at least twice a week.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”