Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

How to download TMF posts

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
superFoolish
Lemon Slice

How to download TMF posts

Postby superFoolish » November 10th, 2016, 1:32 am

This isn't a request for help, but an offer...

There seems to be a question-mark over the archiving of the TMF discussion board content, so I have downloaded a copy of my top-recced posts from the TMF boards. This may appear to be slightly narcissistic, but there are some good memories in there, and some useful information.

I used HTTrack (free download), to download my 99 top-recced posts. HTTrack fairly easy to use, but if anyone would like me to provide step-by-step instructions as to how to how to access your top-recced posts, and complete the process of downloading them, I'll be happy to do so.

It may also be useful to anyone who wants to download other sections of the TMF boards, although there may be copyright issues downloading anything other than your own posts. If it's for personal use it should be okay, but IANAL!

Diziet

Re: How to download TMF posts

Postby Diziet » November 10th, 2016, 8:49 am

That's so timely superfoolish. Is HTTrack available for the Mac? I have not come across it before.

superFoolish
Lemon Slice

Postby superFoolish » November 10th, 2016, 10:49 am

Diziet wrote:That's so timely superfoolish. Is HTTrack available for the Mac? I have not come across it before.

It seems so, if you are prepared to compile the source yourself, or resort to some jiggery-pokery, but you may wish to consider some Mac alternatives:

http://www.pcdrome.com/website-copier-t ... r-mac/3818

I can't vouch for the above; I'm sure a Mac guru will be able to advise.

quelquod
Lemon Quarter

Postby quelquod » November 10th, 2016, 1:01 pm

If you happen to have an old installation of Frontpage (in Office) that can do it quite well. The later replacement isn't so good though I believe as it doesn't offer http.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”