Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Volume control with bluetooth speakers

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Andy46
2 Lemon pips

Volume control with bluetooth speakers

Postby Andy46 » April 16th, 2022, 4:35 pm

Hi,

I've bought these https://www.edifier.com/product-r1280dbs.html#spec and linked them to my PC via bluetooth to get rid of a wire or two which my previous wired speakers required.

Problem - I can control the volume with the knob on the speakers, the remote and when listening to music via a website i.e youtube, by sliding the volume slider up and down on the actual website.

What i can not do however, is control the volume via windows volume control. All this does when i slide it up or down is mute the music or turns it to whatever volume it is set to via the website. On my laptop I control the windows volume control by pressing the F2 and F3 buttons to turn it up and down but now they don't work. Any way to change this please? Unfortunatley i'll be returning the speakers if not and reverting to a wire.

Thanks
Andy

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Re: Volume control with bluetooth speakers

Postby Infrasonic » April 16th, 2022, 6:29 pm

Have a look in the user forums and see if anyone else has the same issue and what solutions worked.

It sounds to me like it might be a Windows driver issue - under windows updates have a look at the optional updates and see if there is a new driver offered for your specific BT speaker.

If not have a look at the manufacturer's website support section - search the exact model number with 'Bluetooth drivers'.

Stompa
Lemon Slice

Postby Stompa » April 16th, 2022, 7:13 pm

Possibly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcZvyZQcuf0

(though be careful when editing the registry).

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » April 16th, 2022, 7:46 pm

One other thought...

If you use bluetooth headphones/speakers remember to 'unpair' them first before you change the signal source device.
I sometimes forget when going between my phone/laptop/desktop and it causes issues with volume control.

It is becoming possible with more recent kit to pair and automatically switch between different BT sources (BT multipoint) but it isn't universal yet.

Andy46
2 Lemon pips

Postby Andy46 » April 17th, 2022, 5:36 pm

Hi,

Thanks, it was a simple case of changing a number from 0 to 1 in the registry.

Although I have decided these speakers aren't loud enough so i'm returning them and getting some more. Little point in speakers if you can't cause the windows to crack ;)

Cheers

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”