Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Google Assistant / Timers

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
genou
Lemon Quarter

Google Assistant / Timers

Postby genou » May 20th, 2022, 6:27 pm

I can start a timer on my Android phone by voice command to Assistant. What I can't do is dismiss the finished timer by voice. My Google skills are failing me, since all the results I get suggest I only need to say "stop", but I suspect this is Nest only ( or at least it doesn't work on my phone which is running Android 12 ).

Is there a way to this?

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Re: Google Assistant / Timers

Postby AF62 » May 20th, 2022, 8:40 pm

I am not an Android user, but have you set the phone to allow you to use Google Assistant by voice when the phone is locked - https://www.lifewire.com/use-google-ass ... en-5179249

genou
Lemon Quarter

Postby genou » May 20th, 2022, 8:44 pm

AF62 wrote:I am not an Android user, but have you set the phone to allow you to use Google Assistant by voice when the phone is locked - https://www.lifewire.com/use-google-ass ... en-5179249

I have, but worth raising.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » May 23rd, 2022, 11:07 am

genou wrote:I can start a timer on my Android phone by voice command to Assistant. What I can't do is dismiss the finished timer by voice. My Google skills are failing me, since all the results I get suggest I only need to say "stop", but I suspect this is Nest only ( or at least it doesn't work on my phone which is running Android 12 ).

Is there a way to this?

This isn't going to help much but I experienced a change with my Sonos speaker/google assistant timers in the past year or so.
If on the Sonos I want to set a timer I wake the assistant - "Hey google set a timer for 20 minutes." To check how much timme is left - "Hey google how long left on the timer?"
When the countdiown is finished and the bell is ringing just saying "Stop" will cancel the alarm. This is a comparitively new breakfthrough I used to say "Hey google stop alarm." To silence the thing.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”