Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

TomTom courtesy

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
stewamax
Lemon Quarter

TomTom courtesy

Postby stewamax » December 13th, 2023, 10:07 pm

For an early Xmas present to me, I recently bought a new top of the range TomTom satnav to replace an obsolete one.
(I prefer their mapping presentation to Google's).

One of my somewhat ancient cars does not have Bluetooth for handsfree calling so I wanted to take advantage of TomTom's advertised handsfree calling features. Not a big deal for me though as all but local shopping is done in my Audi that does have Bluetooth and all the handsfree gubbins.

But I just couldn't make handsfree work.
So I contacted TomTom in the Netherlands.
They replied that handsfree is only now available on their motorcycle devices.

I replied in turn with chapter and verse of inaccuracies in their current advertising.
To my surprise, I didn't get a stroppy brush-off for this, but a non-boilerplate detailed reply apologising at some length for the current content of specific website pages - plus a voucher for future purchases.

It made me wonder how many UK-centred businesses would have the courtesy to do likewise.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Re: TomTom courtesy

Postby Gerry557 » December 14th, 2023, 10:48 am

Nice to get a decent reply but......

You still have the faulty device which doesn't do the job as you intended. Second, you get a discount on another product which might have the same issues.

Hopefully they pull their fingers out and get things sorted.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”