Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Password Manager - Roboform how to "downgrade"

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Laughton
Lemon Slice

Password Manager - Roboform how to "downgrade"

Postby Laughton » March 25th, 2024, 4:57 pm

I've been a Roboform user for many years and have been pretty happy but my Premium subscription ran out yesterday without them giving me any warning. I complained today and I think they've given me a couple of days grace at no charge.

Now that I've retired I don't need all the bells and whistles that the Premium version gives and don't want to pay the cost of renewing. But I just can't find out how to downgrade to the free version whilst retaining my existing log-ins.

I've exported the log-ins in a csv file to a separate folder on my desktop. I tried uninstalling Roboform and restarted my desktop, then downloaded and installed Roboform thinking I'd then have to import my log-ins from the csv file but it's working as though I hadn't uninstalled the program.

Lots of information avaiable on how to upgrade from free version to the Premium version but I can't find anything on how to do it the other way around.

Does anyone know?

Lanark
Lemon Quarter

Re: Password Manager - Roboform how to "downgrade"

Postby Lanark » March 25th, 2024, 5:34 pm

The database is probably in C:\windows\AppData\local\RoboForm

So uninstall it again, move that folder somewhere else and then re-install

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”