Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08, for Donating to support the site

Iphone - Wallet

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Iphone - Wallet

Postby Leothebear » April 8th, 2024, 5:20 pm

Hello,
I have downloaded my boarding passes to my desktop and from there I emailed them to my Iphone.

I'm hoping I can from there I can get them into the Wallet but I can see no obvious way of doing that.
Can it be done? Is there an equally convienient place to store them on my Iphone?
Advice gratefully received.

Leo

kyu66
2 Lemon pips

Re: Iphone - Wallet

Postby kyu66 » April 8th, 2024, 5:30 pm

Leothebear wrote:Hello,
I have downloaded my boarding passes to my desktop and from there I emailed them to my Iphone.

I'm hoping I can from there I can get them into the Wallet but I can see no obvious way of doing that.
Can it be done? Is there an equally convienient place to store them on my Iphone?
Advice gratefully received.

Leo

If they can be added directly then an add to wallet option should be available otherwise add the passes to the Files app as a convenient place, or access them via the email directly when needed.

See here and links therein https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253211556

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » April 12th, 2024, 9:25 am

Thanks Kyu66,
I hadn't scrolled down enough to see that I could upload the attachment to files :oops:

I don't think the Wallet is accessible from email.

Cheers Leo

Julian
Lemon Quarter

Postby Julian » April 12th, 2024, 12:11 pm

Leothebear wrote:Thanks Kyu66,
I hadn't scrolled down enough to see that I could upload the attachment to files :oops:

Cheers Leo

Keeping them in Files is the generic solution but if you want something more elegant there might be another solution albeit maybe more hassle than you want.

If whatever airline you're flying with has an iPhone app then you could download that onto your phone. I have a few airline apps on my phone (BA, Emirates, Qatar and American) and they all work the same way - log on with the your user ID and password assuming you already have a web account then you can see your upcoming trips and once checked in have the option to download the boarding pass and then add it to Apple Wallet.

As I said, maybe you (completely understandably) consider the above too much hassle especially if just for one trip, and doubly-especially if you don't already have an account with the airline, but I mention this other possible option (if your airline supports it) for completeness.

- Julian

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » April 13th, 2024, 12:32 am

Leothebear wrote:Thanks Kyu66,

Cheers Leo

Depending on the source it could display differently if you can read it on your phone
- there's often now an "add to wallet" option embedded

If not in the email, then often if you check with your reservation number on the carrier's website using the phone

Actually if should be possible from desk top if your email "knows" about your wallet account
- in my case I would get the option when reading gmail on a logged in chrome session

I am not sure of what other combinations would work - but in principle it should as long as there is a connection between the email account and the wallet

-sd

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”