Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Firefox Quantum

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
wickham
Lemon Slice

Re: Firefox Quantum

Postby wickham » November 25th, 2017, 1:40 pm

ten0rman wrote:Like you Geoff, other than the problem outlined above with search bars, I haven't noticed any difference with FF17/Quantum.
ten0rman

I find it very different on a W7 desktop. The menu bars and icons are different and the options very differently displayed, much clearer and open spaced, presumably designed for lots of scrolling on smart phones.

However, I'm having trouble with automatic logins with two forums (including this one). I found initially that I had to login, so I did that but after closing and reopening Firefox I had to login again. I looked at Options Privacy and made sure that Remember Logins and Passwords was checked (they are now listed in Saved Logins) and cookies were first party checked (and 3rd party: never) until I close Firefox. Cookies are shown in Show Cookies. If I close Firefox and open again, I still get a login box but now the username and password is there for me to click.

In IE and Chrome when I open the browser and then open a forum page I am automatically logged in and don't get a prompt, so where is the option to automatically login in Firefox?

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”