My thoughts so far ...
- Block off most of the bedroom with something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zipper-pre-Ass ... 07DCZQW51/ . However, it says it has masking tape included. Will that not potentially damage the paintwork or wallpaper if left attached for a week? Someone mentioned painter's tape as a better thing to use ... whatever that is.
- Put dust sheets over main items of furniture just in case anything gets passed the above
- Put carpet protector down on the bit they'll need to walk over (already have some cling-film like carpet protector which has worked well)
- Put cardboard over the carpet protector to stop any gritty boots breaking through the carpet protector
- But what about the wallpaper outside the ensuite - how can I protect that? If it does get ruined, would it be easy for a professional decorator to remove a couple of panels of wallpaper and re-paper that bit?