Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Scaffolding

Does what it says on the tin
redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Scaffolding

Postby redsturgeon » January 29th, 2017, 11:30 am

I had some scaffolding erected at my home for some roof repairs. The repairs were finished on Weds but there is no sign of the scaffolders removing the scaffolding. What steps should I take to ensure swift removal and what would be considered a reasonable time to give them to remove it?

Thanks

John
Moderator Message:
Duplicate topics merged - Chris

richlist
Lemon Quarter

Re: Scaffolding

Postby richlist » January 29th, 2017, 11:59 am

Who arrangements scaffolding......you or the roofers?

If roofers contact them.
If you, phone and ask them nicely.......chances are they'll remove it when it suits them and is needed for the next job or their vehicle is in the area.

I doubt you would be able to apply pressure to get it removed at any time that didn't suit them.

IsleofWightPete
Lemon Pip

Postby IsleofWightPete » January 29th, 2017, 12:02 pm

redsturgeon wrote:I had some scaffolding erected at my home for some roof repairs. The repairs were finished on Weds but there is no sign of the scaffolders removing the scaffolding. What steps should I take to ensure swift removal and what would be considered a reasonable time to give them to remove it?

Thanks

John

Who arranged the scaff hire?
If it was the roofer, I would just phone them to ask when it is going, as they will have the contacts & relationships with the scaff company.

It can often be a week or so after the scaffolders get the message before they actually remove from site, as they will often try to match it up so that they can take it straight on to another job. Minimising re-handling helps them keep costs down.

But in my experience, if there is a specific reason why it must be taken down NOW, they are usually pretty good at prioritising removal.

martint123
Lemon Pip

Postby martint123 » January 29th, 2017, 1:37 pm

when I had scaffolding up to install PV some time ago now, it was around 10 days before they dismantled it.
Methinks they get paid for installing it and seem to have huge stocks so don't seem to be in a hurry to dismantle.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » January 29th, 2017, 3:21 pm

I haven't paid them yet so I guess they have some incentive to come and remove it.

John

sg31
Lemon Quarter

Postby sg31 » January 29th, 2017, 5:50 pm

If scaffolders work in an area regularly they often leave their stuff in place until it is needed on a nearby job. That way they can dismantle it and move it a short distance to erect it again. This is more effective than dismantling, loading, drive to base, unload, store, re load etc.

If they are busy it won't be around for long, if they aren't busy they will have time to move it.

In this case the job was only finished on Wednesday so it's still early days for it to be removed.

Return to “Building and DIY”