Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Hive v2 Thermostat - I can't get it to work!

Does what it says on the tin
TomKe

Hive v2 Thermostat - I can't get it to work!

Postby TomKe » February 7th, 2017, 12:12 am

Hi
I have bought 2 of these. I can't get the receiver to send any power out of any of the terminals.
I have connected the neutral to port 1, live to port 2 and the manual suggests that the power out when the heating is activated should be on terminal 3.

When I change the Thermostat to demand power the light on the receiver lights up to indicate that it has turned the heating on but I can't detect power on any of the terminals 1 to 4 of the Receiver. I have tested using an electrical screwdriver and also wired up an electric light to the terminals but no power comes out, and the light is no lit. Its a mystery because I have bought 2 of these and I have tested both with the same result. I find it difficult to believe that both are faulty.

I called Hive Support and they claim zero knowledge of anything to do with wiring and when I say zero they really are very clear that they know zero. The manual says that the power should come out of terminal 3 but no power is coming out. Hive does not have anybody capable of responding to a question like this that they are willing to allow the public to access.

Frustrating day.

Regards
Tom

TomKe

Re: Hive v2 Thermostat - I can't get it to work!

Postby TomKe » February 7th, 2017, 12:50 am

I think I have solved my problem. Looking at various Web pages, I have looked at lots today, I found one which had a wire linking the Live terminal with the 'Common' terminal.

I added a wire connecting the 'Permanent Live' terminal and the 'Common' terminal and now it appears to work. I can turn the light on and off using the Thermostat. The Hive Installation manual has no mention of adding such a link.

I don't think they want the public to install these devices DIY.

Regards
Tom

pendas
2 Lemon pips

Re: Hive v2 Thermostat - I can't get it to work!

Postby pendas » February 7th, 2017, 3:07 pm

Looking at the diagram for the single channel receiver, the device simply provides volt free change over contacts, these being common, normally open and normally closed. An input connected to the common will switch to one or other outputs depending on the state of the device.

Return to “Building and DIY”