Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Turbo glue

Does what it says on the tin
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Turbo glue

Postby bungeejumper » May 5th, 2018, 3:58 pm

I am not normally in the habit of endorsing products, but this stuff (Hamil contact glue) is ridiculous. Looks and smells like the old Evo-Stik, but on this afternoon's experience it bonds wood so fast (15 seconds?) that you have to watch your fingers or they'll get stuck as well. I only just managed to get my workpiece into position (a gate repair) before it set. And that was using it "wet", not applying it to both sides and then bringing together when they were tacky. It's almost as if they'd mixed some superglue in with it. (Hey, maybe they have?)

Anyway it's the grabbiest glue I've ever used. And the really annoying thing is that I can't remember where I bought it. :roll: Poundland? Wilko? Somewhere cheap, anyway. Aargh! Think I might be onto Mr Ebay for some more supplies, though.

Anybody ever heard of it before? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Strong ... 3006687173

BJ

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Turbo glue

Postby bungeejumper » May 5th, 2018, 6:01 pm

Hmm, just looked at the label, and it says "Caution: bonds skin in seconds". And that just about wraps it up for the theory that this is some sort of a latex/superglue hybrid.

Great stuff, though!

BJ

RaspberryFool

Re: Turbo glue

Postby RaspberryFool » May 9th, 2018, 2:44 pm

For anyone that's interested, I've just seen it - it is available in Poundworld.
RF

Return to “Building and DIY”