Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Bathroom light pull chord

Does what it says on the tin
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: Bathroom light pull chord

Postby kiloran » November 12th, 2018, 3:57 pm

Oh, this thread is irritating me.

It's "cord", folks. NOT "chord"

Rant over, I'll go back to my afternoon nap

--kiloran

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » November 12th, 2018, 4:22 pm

Thanks kiloran. I usually notice that sort of thing. Maybe though the cord is attached to a music box and so it would strike a chord.

Dod

EssDeeAitch
Lemon Slice

Postby EssDeeAitch » November 12th, 2018, 4:28 pm

richlist wrote:What a bunch of snowflakes.

We always keep a spare candle in a jam jar under the bed and it's usually enough to light our way to the outside lavatory without waking up anybody.

Why pollute the planet with electricity when you can use the green method.

Save the planet for future generations !

A candle! Bit profligate that when you could hold on for a full moon and cloudless night.

pochisoldi
Lemon Slice

Postby pochisoldi » November 13th, 2018, 11:06 am

EssDeeAitch wrote:
richlist wrote:What a bunch of snowflakes.

We always keep a spare candle in a jam jar under the bed and it's usually enough to light our way to the outside lavatory without waking up anybody.

Why pollute the planet with electricity when you can use the green method.

Save the planet for future generations !

A candle! Bit profligate that when you could hold on for a full moon and cloudless night.

Cloudless nights are the coldest nights - a thunderpot under the bed, fixes that one.

sg31
Lemon Quarter

Postby sg31 » November 15th, 2018, 4:51 pm

I dislike bathroom pull cord switches so always fit a standard wall switch outside the room. I've been doing this for 30 years and find it works well.

My wife and I never turn the light on at night, I find it wakes me up too much and stops me getting back to sleep. I never have trouble finding my way although some care needs to be taken to ensure there are no obstacles in the way before retiring. As targeting can be a problem in the dark I just sit down. It works for me. During the day I take up the normal standing position.(if that is too much information I apologise)

richlist
Lemon Quarter

Postby richlist » November 15th, 2018, 7:17 pm

sg31 wrote:I dislike bathroom pull cord switches so always fit a standard wall switch outside the room. I've been doing this for 30 years and find it works well.

My wife and I never turn the light on at night, I find it wakes me up too much and stops me getting back to sleep. I never have trouble finding my way although some care needs to be taken to ensure there are no obstacles in the way before retiring. As targeting can be a problem in the dark I just sit down. It works for me. During the day I take up the normal standing position.(if that is too much information I apologise)

Doesn't that leave a hole in your bathroom ceiling ?......and a hole in your pocket after you've paid for a qualified electrician and the appropriate certification ?

We have a low wattage wall lamp fitted over a mirror in the en-suite that is just dim enough for the occasional night visit by the wife.

sg31
Lemon Quarter

Postby sg31 » November 16th, 2018, 12:43 pm

All of the properties I buy are for renovation. At one time I rewired them myself *, now I have electricians do the work.

If there's a hole in a bathroom ceiling I'd overboard it and replaster it. I's only half a days work.

I'm a retired builder.

Return to “Building and DIY”