Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Wireless room thermostat

Does what it says on the tin
Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Wireless room thermostat

Postby Dod101 » November 25th, 2018, 10:37 pm

fisher wrote:
melonfool wrote:
Dod101 wrote:I actually wonder why people get so uptight about this sort of thing. If I am cold, I turn on the heating or go out for a walk. If I am too warm, I switch off the heating. I have a thermostat in the hall set at about 20c and thermostats on individual radiators which keeps the temperature down where I do not need heat.

I also have a woodburner which goes on about 4 pm and keeps the place warm for the next 12 hours or so.

Dod

I guess some of us get 'uptight' about it because we have jobs and are out at work, so we can't light woodburners at 4pm (if we even had them, not all houses do), ready for when it gets proper cold by 7pm. Some of us get home from work nearer 8pm, some of us want to walk into a house that is already at least not freezing cold when we only have two and half hours of evening left til bedtime and in that time we have to make our supper, sort the laundry, watch a quick TV programme, have a shower, get clothes and bag ready for the next day, catch up on correspondence and probably also reply to our boss's late emails, etc.

I dunno - maybe not all of us have the option of just 'going for a walk' to warm up?

Maybe some people live a different style of life to you? Maybe?

I am very happy with the Salus csearle fitted for me last year anyway.

Mel

Well said. Some people find it hard to empathise with others.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Wireless room thermostat

Postby Dod101 » November 25th, 2018, 10:42 pm

fisher wrote:
melonfool wrote:
Dod101 wrote:I actually wonder why people get so uptight about this sort of thing. If I am cold, I turn on the heating or go out for a walk. If I am too warm, I switch off the heating. I have a thermostat in the hall set at about 20c and thermostats on individual radiators which keeps the temperature down where I do not need heat.

I also have a woodburner which goes on about 4 pm and keeps the place warm for the next 12 hours or so.

Dod

I guess some of us get 'uptight' about it because we have jobs and are out at work, so we can't light woodburners at 4pm (if we even had them, not all houses do), ready for when it gets proper cold by 7pm. Some of us get home from work nearer 8pm, some of us want to walk into a house that is already at least not freezing cold when we only have two and half hours of evening left til bedtime and in that time we have to make our supper, sort the laundry, watch a quick TV programme, have a shower, get clothes and bag ready for the next day, catch up on correspondence and probably also reply to our boss's late emails, etc.

I dunno - maybe not all of us have the option of just 'going for a walk' to warm up?

Maybe some people live a different style of life to you? Maybe?

I am very happy with the Salus csearle fitted for me last year anyway.

Mel

Well said. Some people find it hard to empathise with others.

I have quoted the whole story and of course Mel is quite right. I do not know why I said all of that and it was only 9.42 pm, so no excuses! I am sorry. I now live a fairly charmed life in terms of my now circumstances I must admit and I was being a bit silly with these comments.

6Tricia is also quite right.

Dod

Dod

Return to “Building and DIY”