Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Removing paint from grout.

Does what it says on the tin
OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Removing paint from grout.

Postby OLTB » September 16th, 2020, 6:35 pm

Evening all.

I was too much in a hurry to paint the bathroom walls and managed to get white paint on the new tile grout. Anyway, this is now dried and although the grout is white-ish, you can see the paint as it’s a different shade and Mrs OLTB doesn’t want this.

I’ve tried ‘Google’ but no real solutions so does anyone experienced in decorating have any ideas? The only thing I can see so far is attacking it with a toothbrush and soapy water.

Definitely using masking tape next time.

Thanks, OLTB.

richlist
Lemon Quarter

Re: Removing paint from grout.

Postby richlist » September 16th, 2020, 7:51 pm

Try a scouring pad and water first......if that doesn't work....
Scrape the grout to remove the paint with an old screwdriver or similar........you can get grout removal tools.
Then regrout the affected areas.

sg31
Lemon Quarter

Re: Removing paint from grout.

Postby sg31 » September 17th, 2020, 9:00 pm

Try this UPVC cleaner on a little area and see it it works. I've used it to remove paint on a number of surfaces including UPVC windows and it dissolves paint like magic. I noticed if I clean upvc next to painted rendered walls it will take the paint off the the render as well. Not what I wanted but in youur case it might be. Not much you can lose if it dioesn't work and a lot of work saved if it does

https://www.bcprofiles.co.uk/product/si ... gJx9vD_BwE

As you can see it's not expensive and I've never been in a glaziers shop that doesn't sell it. There are other brands, most of them are rubbish. As I say try it onoan out of sight test area first and good luck.

Return to “Building and DIY”