Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

BG boiler cover

Does what it says on the tin
Mike4
Lemon Half

BG boiler cover

Postby Mike4 » December 11th, 2020, 11:21 pm

Just a quick note to say there is trouble at t'mill at British Gas in the maintenance workforce. The gas forums are full of BG technicians saying they are leaving due to a new, unpalatable employment contract being imposed, and a strike by those remaining looks likely over xmas.

https://www.gmb.org.uk/news/strike-brit ... bXX6fqXZx4

Bottom line is the BG breakdown cover you have may not actually perform over the next few weeks should you need it. Just so you know and can consider in advance about what you might do about it, should you suffer a heating breakdown.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: BG boiler cover

Postby UncleEbenezer » December 12th, 2020, 8:28 am

Time for the cold shower? Bracing!

Until you want to wash the hair: that's genuinely hard without warmth in this season!

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Re: BG boiler cover

Postby moorfield » December 12th, 2020, 11:34 am

The BG Homecare lot are hugely frustrating to deal with, service appointments habitually late, missed, rearranged without notice. Virtually impossible to get hold of a human to speak to through the website and automated call centre. However after much time wasting and perseverance over the years I have a number and key sequence which gets me straight through to someone (a complaints desk I think) and have also collected a few direct dial numbers which still work. They are a necessary evil for us I feel, still (just about) more cost effective than using local plumbers to look after two boilers we have at Moorfield Towers, one of which usually needs a new heat exchanger every few years.

Return to “Building and DIY”