Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Help with Scantronic 9800 alarm panel?

Does what it says on the tin
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Help with Scantronic 9800 alarm panel?

Postby Itsallaguess » April 18th, 2021, 11:04 am

ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:
In preparation for a door replacement next week, I have disconnected the exit/entry sensor for the door in the Scantronic panel.

On powering up I got a Lt code which is for panel lid tamper. The lid is closed securely and my normal user code resets it. However, the removed circuit (all four wires removed in the panel) throws a tamper code t4 and an rr reset code.

The default 07890 engineer code from the manual doesn't seem to do anything. I suspect the person who originally installed the panel (more than 25 years ago now) has made it an engineer reset function to reset a tamper circuit, rather than a user reset. It maybe also that the engineer access code of 07890 has also been changed as it doesn't seem to do anything.

Anyone here have any experience that could shed a light on this? All I want is to reset the t4 tamper circuit so the panel doesn't realise it's been disconnected. In this instance Google hasn't really been much help.

There's a Scantronic 9x5x manual here that suggests that some panels have a six-digit Engineers access code, but also gives some instructions on how to reset all panel access codes back to factory settings if that six-digit check doesn't work (which I assume still needs the additional '0' adding to the front of the code itself, similar to the '0'7890 version...

Source (Pages 3 and 4) - https://ciaalarms.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Scantronic-9853-9751-9752-User-Guide.pdf

I acknowledge that your thread-header specifically mentions a 9800 panel, but the following 9850 manual PDF suggests that there's a 'Command 56' option in the 9850 panel that can set that panel to use the 567890 code too, so I thought it might be relevant given your lack of other current options...

https://communicateuk.co.uk/assets/pdf/9850-installer-guide.pdf (Page 34)

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » April 18th, 2021, 11:22 am

ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:
Thanks very much. I will study what you provided. So far as I can see, it seems the 9800 panel NVM chip has to be removed from the circuit board for the system to be reset using the factory reset procedure. Then, after resetting the access codes, the panel has to be reprogrammed and at that point, I think I am exceeding my competence. Not giving up just yet and will study the information you helpfully provided. Thanks again.

Yep - appreciate that the 'panel reset' procedure might be beyond your comfort-zone, but I thought the more important option of just giving the alternative Engineer access code of '0'567890 a quick go might hopefully give a swift and fairly pain-free opportunity, at least, given that the shorter '0'7890 version wasn't getting you anywhere as things stand...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

production100
2 Lemon pips

Postby production100 » April 18th, 2021, 11:28 am

A quick thing to try. Had a similar panel. Try opening the front of the unit? Which should set off the alarm. Use your code to stop it. Then close the front and again use your code to reset it.

Chris

Return to “Building and DIY”