Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

NICEIC Electrician and Building Regs

Does what it says on the tin
pochisoldi
Lemon Slice

NICEIC Electrician and Building Regs

Postby pochisoldi » February 9th, 2017, 1:49 pm

Silly question, but if I contract with an registered NICEIC electrician to do a full rewire, should I expect to receive a Building Regs Certificate of Compliance along with the Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate? Or is this something that I have to explicitly ask (and possibly pay) for?

/PochiSoldi

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: NICEIC Electrician and Building Regs

Postby csearle » February 9th, 2017, 3:02 pm

pochisoldi wrote:Silly question, but if I contract with an registered NICEIC electrician to do a full rewire, should I expect to receive a Building Regs Certificate of Compliance along with the Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate? Or is this something that I have to explicitly ask (and possibly pay) for?
You should find it done by your contractor automatically for (as far as I understand it) both the contractor and the client have an obligation to ensure such work is notified to the local authority. You will likely find your contractor adds a charge for it.

Cheers,
Chris
PS The certificate is sent to you by the local authority. I tend to include a PDF copy of the (in my case NAPIT) notification confirmation along with the electrical certificates.

Return to “Building and DIY”