Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Air-air heat pump/air con for single room.

Does what it says on the tin
csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Air-air heat pump/air con for single room.

Postby csearle » March 19th, 2024, 8:49 am

Tedx wrote:
DrFfybes wrote:
Yes, but I didn't state explicitly that they were mine. Whilst it was probably obvious in this case that a Getty photographer hadn't been sneaking around my garden taking candid photos of my plumbing and I'd used them without permission/accreditation, there will doubtless be more borderline cases, so I suspect it is easier to enforce the rules fully in all occasions.

Paul

'Here's our outside unit'?

Ok, I see that you could be saying 'here's our outside unit' - as an example. I just took it to mean it was a photo of your acyual unit at your house.

I'm too trusting :D
It's not that. It is basically an insurance measure for the site owners. Even when it is bleedin' obvious. It shouldn't be up to us to make judgement calls on photos we know nothing about, especially as has been pointed out, in more ambiguous cases. C.

ukmtk
2 Lemon pips

Postby ukmtk » March 22nd, 2024, 11:38 am

fundduffer wrote:
I have one of these in my living room.

https://www.daikin.co.uk/en_gb/resident ... emura.html

I have some (possibly silly) questions:

1. I assume that there is a pipe connecting the external/internal units? What diameter?
2. I assume that I can have the external unit downstairs with an internal unit upstairs (in the bosses room!)?
3. It says that an external unit can have up to 5 internal units attached - I assume you are limited by total volume to be cooled/heated?

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » March 22nd, 2024, 11:54 am

ukmtk wrote:
fundduffer wrote:
I have one of these in my living room.

https://www.daikin.co.uk/en_gb/resident ... emura.html

I have some (possibly silly) questions:

1. I assume that there is a pipe connecting the external/internal units? What diameter?
2. I assume that I can have the external unit downstairs with an internal unit upstairs (in the bosses room!)?
3. It says that an external unit can have up to 5 internal units attached - I assume you are limited by total volume to be cooled/heated?

The connecting pipework is in trunking, in my case the black 75 x 100mm approax stuff in the photo in post https://lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=653808#p653808

"Multi split" units can power several internal units from one external one. However the external one gets bigger and more expensive, and I'm led to believe all the internal units have to be the same type for a MHI setup (they can be different outputs, but must all be the same model within the range for control purposes). Cost of a single external unit and 2 internals is very similar to 2 completely seperate installs, except you can only have 1 external unit under permitted development so would eed planning permission for multiple external units.

Limits on internal units also includes keeping a suitable drainage run for condensation.

Paul

Lemon Quarter

Postby 9873210 » March 22nd, 2024, 8:05 pm

ukmtk wrote:

You're limited by the amount of heat you need to add or remove. It can handle a larger volume if the house is well insulated. Ideally you size the unit by doing a heat loss/gain calculation that considers things like the construction of your walls, windows, etc. as well as room size and local climate.

Return to “Building and DIY”