Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Shelford,GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown, for Donating to support the site

The light bulb...

Does what it says on the tin
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

The light bulb...

Postby Itsallaguess » October 2nd, 2023, 9:05 pm

The light bulb...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbSehcT19u0

:O)

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: The light bulb...

Postby UncleEbenezer » October 8th, 2023, 9:53 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
The light bulb...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbSehcT19u0

:O)

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

That's utterly obscene.

The culture in which it's plausible - let alone normal - that he should jump in his car and drive to the store as soon as there's a minor problem.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » October 8th, 2023, 2:58 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:That's utterly obscene.

The culture in which it's plausible - let alone normal - that he should jump in his car and drive to the store as soon as there's a minor problem.

Absolutely right. That's what Amazon's for, isn't it? (Ducks for cover.) Or for Bezophobes, Screwfix's 1 hour delivery for a fiver, if it's locally available?

Out here in the sticks, with a ten mile round trip drive to anywhere, we always make it a point of honour to keep three years' lightbulbs and electrical spares in the garage for any eventual emergencies. Plus 30 years' worth of plumbing stuff in all the wrong sizes, plus 50 years' rotting paint cans, and enough timber to build the 1996 decking project twice over if I ever get round to it. Not forgetting a couple of heirloom Betamax recorders that will be an auction room rarity one of these days.

My god, just think of the petrol I've saved by being so provident. The house actually owes me. :)

BJ

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » October 8th, 2023, 3:08 pm

bungeejumper wrote:Not forgetting a couple of heirloom Betamax recorders that will be an auction room rarity one of these days.
I have a mint-condition one that I used to check-out some inherited tapes. Bought it for about £300 15 years ago. Currently selling for about £400. Too lazy so far to actually try and sell it. C.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » October 8th, 2023, 3:18 pm

csearle wrote:
bungeejumper wrote:Not forgetting a couple of heirloom Betamax recorders that will be an auction room rarity one of these days.
I have a mint-condition one that I used to check-out some inherited tapes. Bought it for about £300 15 years ago. Currently selling for about £400. Too lazy so far to actually try and sell it. C.

I've got a nice old reel-to-reel tape recorder up in the loft. Proper 1960s jobbie with valves and genuine Rexine covering and everything. It'll kill me if I ever try to switch it on, of course, or maybe it'll just explode and burn the house down. But heck, I'm keeping it. You never know when a few valves might come in handy. ;)

BJ

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » October 9th, 2023, 2:15 am

bungeejumper wrote:
csearle wrote:I have a mint-condition one that I used to check-out some inherited tapes. Bought it for about £300 15 years ago. Currently selling for about £400. Too lazy so far to actually try and sell it. C.

I've got a nice old reel-to-reel tape recorder up in the loft. Proper 1960s jobbie with valves and genuine Rexine covering and everything. It'll kill me if I ever try to switch it on, of course, or maybe it'll just explode and burn the house down. But heck, I'm keeping it. You never know when a few valves might come in handy. ;)

BJ

Every so often I think about pick up something nice, like a Sony TC-510 (I'm a sucker for a VU meter!)
- and then I check the pricing :(

They're so much more classy than the stuff about today - even if it's much less practical.

Return to “Building and DIY”