Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gvonge,Shelford,GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0, for Donating to support the site

SPLIT TOPIC: Spare Heat exchanger

Does what it says on the tin
Jimmydean

SPLIT TOPIC: Spare Heat exchanger

Postby Jimmydean » November 8th, 2023, 11:42 am

My boiler is a ideal CF type series 2 .fitted in 1967. Still running perfect.
I have spare new gas valve .3 spare thermo couples and spare thermoset assembly .
My problem is I cannot locate a spare heat exchanger as a just in case scenario .Or find anywhere that can repair it if it packs up .
Any ideas guys.

Moderator Message:
I have split this off as a new topic to avoid confusion/digression (chas49)

pochisoldi
Lemon Slice

Re: SPLIT TOPIC: Spare Heat exchanger

Postby pochisoldi » November 8th, 2023, 5:44 pm

Jimmydean wrote:My boiler is a ideal CF type series 2 .fitted in 1967. Still running perfect.
I have spare new gas valve .3 spare thermo couples and spare thermoset assembly .
My problem is I cannot locate a spare heat exchanger as a just in case scenario .Or find anywhere that can repair it if it packs up .
Any ideas guys.

I suggest you start a new topic - the general rule on forums is "if it's a new problem not related to the original topic then start a new one" as you will be more likely to get a response.

tacpot12
2 Lemon pips

Postby tacpot12 » November 10th, 2023, 9:09 pm

Do you have a part number for the heat exchanger, or the Gas Council (GC Number) for the Boiler?

I've bought spares on eBay and found KeepTheHeatOn.com to be good.

You might setup a saved search on eBay for both the heat exchange and a complete boiler. Although the heat exchanger in a complete boiler might be worn, it could keep your own boiler soldiering on for a little while longer.

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » November 10th, 2023, 9:16 pm

tacpot12 wrote:I've bought spares on eBay and found KeepTheHeatOn.com to be good.

Bunch of wasters in my experience. I ordered a fan and some other bits from them ten days ago and still not here. Turns out they sent it to the address I sold five years ago and are now disputing my claim for a refund. Despite correctly sending ten or fifteen orders in the interim to my current address.

Not the first problem I've had with them either. There is a reason they are the cheapest!

Edit to add:
The most reliable on line seller of spares in my experience is DHS Spares. Also not a discounter. I wonder if these two facts are related!

dhsspares.co.uk

Return to “Building and DIY”