Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Wilko 250w Oscillating Multi-Tool - £7.50 clearance price

Does what it says on the tin
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Wilko 250w Oscillating Multi-Tool - £7.50 clearance price

Postby Itsallaguess » March 26th, 2017, 4:36 pm

Just a heads-up for anyone interested, but Wilko are currently selling off their 250W Oscillating Multi-Tool for £7.50 as a clearance price. They were originally £30 I think, and whilst their are more powerful units available, I think £7.50 is a fantastic price for something so useful if you think you may find a need for one.

I was trying to find a Wilko link to it, but they seem to have taken it down with it being a clearance sale, so here's one showing the same unit from a web-cache -

http://tinyurl.com/mbtyadp

Importantly, it comes with a little adaptor to enable the use of universal blades, which is the main reason for me posting. Quite often these cheaper units will only accept bespoke blades, which are usually impossible to find after a year or two, but having the universal adaptor makes this a useful and really cheap unit.

It comes in a neat case and a small selection of different blades and sanding pads,and also with an extraction adaptor for connection to a vacuum, and is really good value for money at this price, so long as you can get your hands on one locally.

Anyhow, hope this is useful to someone.

For information, these clearance tools were not in the usual tool-section of Wilko, and were actually downstairs not too far from the main door, so anyone looking for one should take this into account. There were quite a few left in my local shop when I picked one up earlier today.

Screwfix are pretty good for a source of reasonable value blades - http://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-multi ... -pcs/4134d

Here's a picture of the universal adaptor which comes with the Wilko tool, as I've just noticed it's also for sale as a separate item via Screwfix as well - http://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-multi ... 25mm/28127

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

jfgw
Lemon Quarter

Re: Wilko 250w Oscillating Multi-Tool - £7.50 clearance price

Postby jfgw » March 26th, 2017, 7:31 pm

That's a crazy price for such a useful tool. I recently replaced my old Fein Multimaster with a new 350W one for the bargain price of £180 (for the "Top" kit, older blade fitting) brand new off ebay. I find that it is one of those tools that, once you have one, you wonder how you ever managed without. It is certainly not the most frequently used tool in my [expletive deleted] but it does things that nothing else can.

If you have a lot of use for one and decide to get a Fein or a Bosch, bear in mind that, between them, they have developed and patented a new "Starlock" blade fitting. This will restrict you into using expensive (but good) Fein or Bosch blades.

Julian F. G. W.

Return to “Building and DIY”