Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Experience of Drainage Sales

Does what it says on the tin
Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Experience of Drainage Sales

Postby Wizard » September 13th, 2017, 12:07 pm

I need to buy some drainage materials. Looking online a retailer called Drainage Sales (drainagepipe.co.uk) seems to have very good prices, way better than my local builders' merchant, but I have not heard of them before. I wondered if anyone has had any views on them positive or negative?

Thanks in advance,
Terry.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Experience of Drainage Sales

Postby bungeejumper » September 14th, 2017, 3:54 pm

No personal experience, but their prices look about right in comparison with their rivals, at least for the things I'm familiar with. (Manholes and gutters.) I doubt that they'd stay in business very long if the building regs inspectors didn't rate their stuff well enough. ;)

Obviously these prices are all VAT exclusive, so that's 20% to be added. And I haven't looked at their delivery charges. But I'd always expect that online suppliers like this would be able to undercut the builders' yards because they don't need the local stock space. (Whereas your average builder, IME, prefers to drive down to the local yard and pay through the nose on the day, and then charge you a mark-up on that.)

Like their website, incidentally. If they're as good as they seem, they ought to succeed. Let us know how it goes.

BJ

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Re: Experience of Drainage Sales

Postby Wizard » September 14th, 2017, 6:38 pm

bungeejumper wrote:No personal experience, but their prices look about right in comparison with their rivals, at least for the things I'm familiar with. (Manholes and gutters.) I doubt that they'd stay in business very long if the building regs inspectors didn't rate their stuff well enough. ;)

Obviously these prices are all VAT exclusive, so that's 20% to be added. And I haven't looked at their delivery charges. But I'd always expect that online suppliers like this would be able to undercut the builders' yards because they don't need the local stock space. (Whereas your average builder, IME, prefers to drive down to the local yard and pay through the nose on the day, and then charge you a mark-up on that.)

Like their website, incidentally. If they're as good as they seem, they ought to succeed. Let us know how it goes.

BJ

Thanks for that bungeejumper. Placed an order for drainage pipes, access chambers and some crates for soakaways, free delivery for orders over £75. I missed the 12 noon cut off for next day delivery so will get the items on Monday if all goes to plan. Will let you know what it is like when it arrives.

Terry.

Return to “Building and DIY”