Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Mum had a bad fall

A friendly ear
Sunnypad
Lemon Slice

Re: Mum had a bad fall

Postby Sunnypad » December 6th, 2016, 6:18 pm

Hi 2d and oldtimer

I was just trying not to post too much info because I was always think I might bump into Jane from accounts on the boards, so to speak

She's not keen on any treatment really and it turns out she was instinctively correct, they've now said her heart is too weak for them to attempt to remove the clot via surgery. So she's been released mostly because they can't do anything.

She has a lot of other health problems too, as do most of her friends in that age range and her two best friends died a couple of years ago. I think she wants whatever time is left to be free of endless doc visits or hospital stays which is entirely understandable.

Now that the shock has worn off I realise part of my panic is not just losing her but having to deal with dad alone. Such fun. But I realise after the last week, I can't really comment on any of the medical stuff because I know she wants to go. If they do find anything they can do then I think dad will pressure her a lot anyway. :? He is absolutely panic stricken at the thought of her going before him.

Sunnypad
Lemon Slice

Postby Sunnypad » December 6th, 2016, 6:19 pm

Cross post, hello muddle! I haven't seen you for a while
Though some people have new names don't they....

sg31
Lemon Quarter

Postby sg31 » December 6th, 2016, 7:27 pm

Sunny, thanks.

bitstrange

Postby bitstrange » December 18th, 2016, 4:12 pm

Not being nosey or anything but please keep talking to us if you need. Sending positive vibes, Sunny!

Est

Sunnypad
Lemon Slice

Postby Sunnypad » December 21st, 2016, 10:42 am

thanks bitstrange

things are indeed a bit strange! She's got a complex set of health problems so they are hoping the clot will go away of it's own accord. they have talked through a range of surgical options and she doesn't want any - entirely understandable. My dad had a fit at first but I think he is starting to see the fear of just living into old age to...I dunno, sit in a chair and look at the rain!

currently she can't do anything or go out unaided and even then she is very wobbly just walking her over to a neighbour who is say, 6 doors along.

awful for my dad as well, too much strain on him really.

I am trying to box myself off a bit and not think about it unless I'm with them but I'm with them over Xmas so that will be a bit grim. Ho hum.

Return to “Comfort Cafe”