Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Be kind - It's the greatest gift you have

A friendly ear
AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Be kind - It's the greatest gift you have

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » March 17th, 2020, 9:47 pm

Some of you are aware of my prolonged health issues.

Four decades of slowly but inexorably sinking into a pit of depression, sleep deprivation, sleep debt, unsociable behaviours and more.

I'm a different person today.

Towards the end of my struggle many decided my behaviour was a choice. It wasn't. It was a symptom of huge chemical imbalances not just in my brain but elsewhere within my body.

I've managed to take two things away from the wreck of my first life. I keep an inordinate amount of cash in my current account. Enough to allow me to go without work for two years. It helps me sleep at night.

The other is to simply be kind. And that too helps me sleep at night.

AiYn'U - I hasten to add I am no angel when I haven't slept well - grumpy & tetchy :oops:

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Re: Be kind - It's the greatest gift you have

Postby Clariman » March 18th, 2020, 1:48 pm

I hope you can maintain your equilibrium in these troubling times. I also have some cash and feel very lucky to have a guaranteed (at least for now) pension. Our holiday lets may make a loss this year, depending on what people do, but any income from them should be offset by reduced spending.

Take care

oldapple
2 Lemon pips

Postby oldapple » March 18th, 2020, 11:34 pm

To be kind is one of two things Barack Obama advised his children to be, the other was to be useful. Best wishes AiY!

Sussexlad
Lemon Slice

Postby Sussexlad » October 15th, 2020, 7:56 pm

I often listen to Radio 4 on a Saturday morning, only because we're in the car and they have an item where people ring in to thank someone who made a difference to their lives but they didn't really get a chance to thank them.
I am always reminded, that when i came to view this house, back in 1977, I immediately loved it and wanted to buy it and stretched our budget to the limit to make an offer, it was only around £16,000 !! Despite the vendor being offered several hundred more, he said he would let us have it as we had clearly fallen in love with it !
I will never forget Mr Carr and his kindness and if one day I can do something similar, I wont hesitate !

Return to “Comfort Cafe”