Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Fed up

A friendly ear
Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

Re: Fed up

Postby Pipsmum » May 14th, 2018, 9:46 am

My pennysworth from the heart.

In moments of deepest gloom, I have a motto called 'Get up and get out'. Meaning get outside. Problems have a smaller significance under the sky than they do under a ceiling of any room. A quick march to somewhere even just to fetch a paper can release some endorphins. Chat to someone on the way and notice the leaves or buds a bit more. Lift your eyes and believe in fate a bit. It's usually right and will work with you.

Give your body a present every day of something tiny that you really enjoy and is small enough to be do-able within your current power. Even so stupid as a bubble bath if it makes you a tiny bit happy. The idea being to trick the body into being happy and the mind will eventually follow.

Meet some favourite mates in the pub for talking about everything else. Rewind your inner self to where you were before wife, kids and mistress and reboot from there. Find the cheerful chap who used to live in you. He's still in there somewhere, so let a little bit of him out to play again.

Distract this negative mindset so it has other things to occupy it so they stand a chance of nudging the ghastly thought away. Running, climbing, or a hobby you used to love? Anything you don't do now that you used to enjoy.

Someone told me that depression can also develop into a habit. An interesting aspect I hadn't considered, so therefore it ought to be possible to trick the body and distract it until the mind catches up.

True love endures anything forever. So don't pine for what isn't, but concentrate on what is. You won't be much fun for either woman if you are clingy and needy. Those are both things to put anybody off. Be the cheerful chappy even if it is a temporary mask and eventually the insides catch up. They really will, trust us, even though it doesn't feel possible right now.

Find an advisor you trust and work this out because you ARE WORTH IT. Huge hug from here.

Thegp

Postby Thegp » January 20th, 2021, 10:33 pm

I’m a long time answering but thank you for that last response.

3 years on whilst I wouldn’t see the pain of lost love has gone completely, it does fade in time. I’m still here and battling on

gadjet
Lemon Pip

Postby gadjet » January 21st, 2021, 5:38 pm

Well done!
Thanks for letting us know.

Sue

Return to “Comfort Cafe”