Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Credit rating

Startups, marketing and more
redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Credit rating

Postby redsturgeon » December 8th, 2016, 2:08 pm

We have been asked by a potential client if we can provide a credit rating for our ltd company.

Now we have been asked for bank and other references before but I thought credit rating applied to individual rather than ltd companies is this a new thing?

I quick google shows that experian do these things and I can sign up to view our credit rating but is this just a bit of a money making scam?

John

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Re: Credit rating

Postby Slarti » December 8th, 2016, 4:20 pm

Dun & Bradstreet are the best known business credit rating company, though I'm sure that there are others.

It is usually the person who wants the credit rating that gets it, not the person being rated, in my experience, though it may be worth checking D&Bs website.

Perhaps you could do a data subject request with them if they don't offer the service you need.

Slarti

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Credit rating

Postby redsturgeon » December 8th, 2016, 7:10 pm

It is usually the person who wants the credit rating that gets it, not the person being rated, in my experience, though it may be worth checking D&Bs website.

Yes that was my first thought. I will check Dun and Bradstreet...the name was in the back of my mind and I couldn't recall it!

John

Return to “Running a Business”