Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Harvesting feedback from happy customers

Startups, marketing and more
Mike4
Lemon Half

Harvesting feedback from happy customers

Postby Mike4 » January 4th, 2019, 10:17 am

I've got one!

A Happy Customer that is. I have a happy customer emailing me and asking for somewhere to leave feedback, saying they can't find anywhere on my website.

I used to have a guestbook this purpose but the hosting firm became so flaky (failing to display all my references despite me paying them so to do) that I took it off. And guestbooks are so passé nowadays anyway, innit.

What does the team think is a good way to collect references these days?

Many thanks for any views.

GrandOiseau
Lemon Slice

Re: Harvesting feedback from happy customers

Postby GrandOiseau » January 4th, 2019, 2:11 pm

I was looking for a new heating enginee recently.

One port of call was a website called nextdoor.com that a lot of people post asking for recs. I just search the recent history or post myself.

Then there is a local facebook group that works similarily.

Then there are google reviews and things like trustedtrader.

Actually in the end I looked at Viessmann's "Find an Installer" list and cross referenced with the reviews mentioned above.

gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Postby gryffron » January 4th, 2019, 5:40 pm

Whilst I accept there are numerous possibilities, most of them are bespoke. By far the most likely to be useful to a trader IMO is google. Because it is the one most customers are likely to see. You do have to register your business with the evil datahoarding google (free) before they can do this. But as the world's most used search engine this is surely worthwhile?

Gryff

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » January 4th, 2019, 6:13 pm

gryffron wrote:Whilst I accept there are numerous possibilities, most of them are bespoke. By far the most likely to be useful to a trader IMO is google. Because it is the one most customers are likely to see. You do have to register your business with the evil datahoarding google (free) before they can do this. But as the world's most used search engine this is surely worthwhile?

Gryff

I think you're right. Google reviews are probably the most trusted. Just had a look at Google Reviews and I see I have two already, both five stars!

What isn't clear despite a bit of digging, is how to identify/find a link to put on my website which will take people to where they can read my reviews or write their own review. Right-clicking on the "Write a Review" button and copying the link just puts a Javascript command on my clipboard.

It also is not clear whether the reviews are for the reams of content on my website, or for my actual boiler repair service.

gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Postby gryffron » January 4th, 2019, 6:32 pm

Google will even tell you the answer to that
https://support.google.com/business/ans ... 2?hl=en-GB ;)

Gryff

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » January 4th, 2019, 8:16 pm

Mike4 wrote:It also is not clear whether the reviews are for the reams of content on my website, or for my actual boiler repair service.

I've found 3 positive reviews (of 3) for your expertise via https://www.whodoyou.com/ rather than your website. They cross-refer to Facebook and you've probably already seen them. Not that this helps, in that I can remember your website address and used the narrative part only + reviews to search.

EssDeeAitch
Lemon Slice

Postby EssDeeAitch » January 5th, 2019, 5:10 am

When looking for reviews on various product types and companies just recently, I have been directed to Trustpilot. Perhaps that would suit you?

Return to “Running a Business”