Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

CoOp bank Trustee Rapporteur software

Startups, marketing and more
hermit100
Lemon Pip

CoOp bank Trustee Rapporteur software

Postby hermit100 » October 23rd, 2017, 9:01 am

Anyone have a business account with the Co-op and uses this software and can give any feedback? Thanks.
Moderator Message:
I have added a link in Computers, TVs & Phones to here as another way of finding the topic. - Chris

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Re: CoOp bank Trustee Rapporteur software

Postby chas49 » October 23rd, 2017, 9:40 am

I can't speak about the Coop account but IBM Trusteer Rapport is a software program offered by a large number of financial institutions - it's not customised for each institution. According to the IBM website it is "..designed to defend against MitB attacks, remove malware from endpoint devices and protect customers by preventing them from entering phishing sites."

I have it installed (at the original prompting of Nationwide if i recall correctly) and I haven't noticed any adverse effect on performance.

staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Postby staffordian » October 23rd, 2017, 9:48 am

I installed it several years ago, soon after banks started pushing it, and I seem to recall that after a while it gave some problems, though I can now remember nothing about what they were. At the time I googled and found others with similar problems so I uninstalled it and have never since bothered with it.

One would asaume that if there were problems, they must now be resolved as it is still widely promoted by financial institutions.

At least two with whom I deal keep pushing it, and I have to click through pages suggesting I use it when I access them online.

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Postby Slarti » October 23rd, 2017, 11:57 am

I used to have it installed because of one of my banks, then IBM bought it and changed the Ts&Cs in such a way that I uninstalled it as soon as I read them.

ISTR that it gave IBM full access to my data with no responsibility to protect it. Or something like that.

Other people have reported performance issues with it installed, though I didn't notice any.

Slarti

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » October 23rd, 2017, 3:33 pm

I had it installed many years ago now aligned with a HSBC a/c... all it ever did was bombard me with false positives - it was such a PITA I binned it.

didds

midnightcatprowl
Lemon Slice

Postby midnightcatprowl » October 23rd, 2017, 4:14 pm

I have a Co-op Business Account and I installed Trusteer when they first started to recommend it. At the start it was okay but like another poster after a while I started to have problems with it. I really can't remember what they were but they were certainly an irritation and I uninstalled it.

hermit100
Lemon Pip

Postby hermit100 » October 23rd, 2017, 6:23 pm

Thanks all. I think I will continue to ignore the exhortations to install it (which clearly I've not paid much attention to as I mis-remembered what it's called). I don't have a business as such anyway, just a small charity and don't do online sales or anything of that sort so it looks like it may be more trouble than it's worth as I rather suspected it would be.

Return to “Running a Business”