Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Entrepreneurs' Relief on selling non-development company running buy to let rental properties?

Practical Issues
Investor

Entrepreneurs' Relief on selling non-development company running buy to let rental properties?

Postby Investor » August 8th, 2019, 2:08 pm

As far as I'm aware, Entrepreneurs' Relief to reduce CGT doesn't apply to a run-of-the-mill limited company that buys and rents out buy to let properties (not holiday lets etc.) without significant development work. We haven't significantly developed the properties other than relatively minor works like new laminate flooring, DIY repairs etc.

However, every chartered accountant or tax expert I go to see for initial consultations and explain our situation to clearly keenly suggests it as an option as we're looking to sell our company.

Therefore, I was wondering if there is any way Entrepreneurs' Relief could be used to pay CGT at the lower rate for a company running a portfolio of UK residential rental properties please?

If it did, it'd save us a huge amount of CGT.

Thank you.

Return to “Taxes (Practical)”