Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Psst - never a tax problem in previous years

Practical Issues
terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Psst - never a tax problem in previous years

Postby terminal7 » January 29th, 2018, 9:22 am

By a strange coincidence I just received this information on the following from HMRC:

Expenses and benefits for employers – entertaining staff: If you provide social functions, parties or subsidised meals for your employees, find out if the costs are taxable and whether you need to report them to HMRC

Dare I ask whether 'expenses' at recent 'party' at the Dorchester need to be reported - the company accountant was at our table - he appeared unconstrained in his largesse.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Psst - never a tax problem in previous years

Postby redsturgeon » January 29th, 2018, 9:32 am

terminal7 wrote:By a strange coincidence I just received this information on the following from HMRC:

Expenses and benefits for employers – entertaining staff: If you provide social functions, parties or subsidised meals for your employees, find out if the costs are taxable and whether you need to report them to HMRC

Dare I ask whether 'expenses' at recent 'party' at the Dorchester need to be reported - the company accountant was at our table - he appeared unconstrained in his largesse.

There are clear HMRC rules on parties see here:

https://www.gov.uk/expenses-benefits-so ... ns-parties

I will move this to the tax board though, I will leave a shadow here.

John

Return to “Taxes (Practical)”