Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Amazing March

Think it, Plan it, Do it
Brava21
Lemon Pip

Amazing March

Postby Brava21 » March 12th, 2018, 8:33 am

Yay! It’s March. January and February, my least favourite months, knocked off. I think this is my favourite time of the year; the days get noticeably longer, the clocks go forward, the garden starts to come back to life, and there is the promise of spring and summer ahead (without yet having any disappointment at not getting a decent summer).

I have a mix of home related goals which I have mentally broken down into indoor and outdoor jobs. The plan this month is to crack on with the indoor jobs, in the hope that next month I will be able to start the outdoor ones. Here we go:

Take down, wash and rehang living room curtains
Clean insides of windows
Hoover inside fitted wardrobes
Clean inside kitchen units

Ooh, my life is exciting, isn't it... :)

I confess I’ve done the first two (is that cheating…?)

In other goals, I have gained 2lb which I attribute to hunkering down during the Great Blizzard of 2018 and eating for Wales. I must lose this and at least one more. I really need to give this some focus now, I’ve been letting it slip for ages.

Good luck to everyone with their goals – I hope March is going well for you all.

Brava x

Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

Re: Amazing March

Postby Pipsmum » March 19th, 2018, 11:51 pm

Hard to keep to goals when it's so cold. We don't have central heating so it can get a bit chilly here. Good old hot water bottles and jumpers zone. We do have some storage heaters downstairs before you wince. Hurry up sunshine so we can leave the doors open.

I want to be more organised in March. I was looking for a good financial planner from the advice on here and found the microsoft money thing but it doesn't go on a mac I don't think. I keep trying varying online ones and finding them too hard to keep to or they don't quite suit what I'm trying to do. Excel is more adaptable, but seems too fiddly for my low level of competence. I must be maths impaired....

Tidy is another thing. Teenagers are rather like moving possession bombs. No sooner is the back turned then a room looks trashed.

Ignore and paint I think.

Brava21
Lemon Pip

Re: Amazing March

Postby Brava21 » March 28th, 2018, 11:31 am

Whoo hoo! Nearly at the end of the month, and I have done all of my 'indoor jobs' and even - on Sunday, after the clocks went forward and we had that lovely, long sunny day - done three of next months outdoor jobs.

These were raking the lawn and giving it its first mow (my goodness, it - and by association the whole garden - look better), picking out any weeds from borders and turning them over, and washing down the eaves etc. of the conservatory. On that point, if anyone knows a way to reach upwards with a wet sponge in order to do that without having cold, soapy water running back down your arm and into your armpit, I'd really love to know it :)

The longer evenings feel like a big bonus this week; I know that it was a mild winter overall but it did feel long, what with the recent snow, and it is good to feel that we are moving out of it at last.

I am feeling positive for once; it is sunny here for the third day running, Easter approaches and the Easter Beast is no longer forecast to affect my part of the world. Wishing everyone a very Happy Easter and the very best of luck with spring goals.

Brava

PS I hope you sorted out the finance stuff, Pipsmum. I share your pain; I am mathematically challenged myself.

Return to “Your Tomorrow Starts Today”