Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Already April

Think it, Plan it, Do it
hetc

Already April

Postby hetc » April 20th, 2018, 3:08 pm

(Longterm lurker - occasional poster on the old boards.)
I really appreciate this forum as it provokes me to think about the future in a less nebulous way. Like many people, I am a list writer for life if not always for shopping, & YTST lends itself to this; even those lists written on the back of envelopes retrieved from recycling can be useful.
Despite not knowing any of you, I value your posts and was sad not to see any posts this month thus far & thought I should make an effort . Tomorrow does start today, even if the seeds were sown yesterday.

Most people are doing their best, most of the time & this board is a useful tool. Thank you all those who have contributed to that.
I do hope the regulars are well, and not too overwhelmed by RL.
Onwards & upwards, & occasionally sideways.

Hetc

Credentials- muddling along like most folk & trying to do better, Roomba- underused, breadmaker used in sporadic bursts, elderly parents & young adult children.
References- on application

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Already April

Postby csearle » May 4th, 2018, 8:47 pm

Happiness for me is resolving the worst bits of life although some of them are insoluble, like dad's death. So I find myself waiting for tomorrow to start because of unresolved issues.

For example my 12 year old daughter decided she no longer wanted to have anything to do with me. She declared me to be "a monster" and has not spoken with me* for six years. This has simply stopped he from living. Everything seems pointless and futile (don't worry I'm not suicidal). My tomorrow is struggling to start. C.

* In a surreal turn of events she did actually exchange a few words when we accidentally turned up at the same time at my mum's. But that was a remarkable exception.

PS I don't know why she regards me to be a monster, I'm baffled. I can only imagine she was told something untrue, or coloured sufficiently to make her reach this conclusion.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » May 7th, 2018, 3:09 pm

Happiness for me is being told, after five horrible long weeks of waiting, that I "very probably" don't have colon cancer. Yes, I had two polyps (until the hospital took them out just before Easter) - the first, according to the surgeon, was the largest he'd seen in several years and took two hours to excise :o , but it turned out to be benign; instead it was the little tiny bastard lower down that the biopsy declared to be actively cancerous.

And I've just heard back that my CT scans (minus the polyps) were clear, and that as long as my MRI agrees with that verdict, I can stop thinking about mortality and get back to business as usual. A week ago, I had no energy for anything and couldn't sleep; this week, I'm suddenly up a ladder painting the gutters and feeling grrrrrreat.

Wishing my fellow Fools a strong, affirmative, good-news May. :)

BJ

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » May 31st, 2018, 9:42 pm

BJ,
It is nice to hear some good news.
Great stuff, raise a glass to that
tuk020

Return to “Your Tomorrow Starts Today”