Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

2016 12 Dec the Halls!

Think it, Plan it, Do it
futuresaver101
Lemon Pip

Re: 2016 12 Dec the Halls!

Postby futuresaver101 » December 31st, 2016, 1:55 pm

Hi everyone,

It's the end of 2016. Well, almost - but on the basis that reflecting on a whole year takes time, ditto planning goals for a whole year, better start now.

T - sorry about the difficult Christmas :( I think we all worry a bit when you go quiet, in case there has been some sort of DIY mishap and/or you are having to hold some tradesmen to account. Have just had a brainwave, maybe you could write a blog for B&Q for something ? (I may have consumed enough sugar over the past year days to activate my inner toddler and also make my brain a bit over energetic :))

Right, now to go back to the MF (boo ! Hiss !) and to try and find out what I said. By searching, somehow, via my iPhone.

If anyone else is travelling south on the M6 and sees a woman in the front passenger seat looking very serious, it might just be me :)

FS101

Tortoise1000
2 Lemon pips

Postby Tortoise1000 » December 31st, 2016, 3:24 pm

I just posted a link to the 'Sweet Sixteen' goals thread, FS101. You could look there. I did my review on a new thread with that old title as if it was a continuation. Hope you are having a good trip down the M6.

Who is going to start us off on a thrilling new year tomorrow? What shall we call it?

T

futuresaver101
Lemon Pip

Postby futuresaver101 » December 31st, 2016, 3:52 pm

Duly posted

I wrote up my post on the notes app of my iPhone - which is why it has my 2017 goals on, I couldn't face extracting them :) - and in my earlier draft I did wonder how to describe 2017.

"A strangely surprising 2017 ?"

Was my best effort. Doesn't feel very upbeat though, can anyone think of something that will energise us through the next 12 months ? A bit of me wishes we could have another go at 2016.

Looking forward to thoughts. Posters, lurkers, all

FS101

amh4

Postby amh4 » December 31st, 2016, 9:42 pm

Jump into January 2017 ?

Anne-Marie

Tortoise1000
2 Lemon pips

Postby Tortoise1000 » January 1st, 2017, 6:53 am

Perhaps we should abandon the Sweet Sixteen thread and put our 2016 reviews and 2017 goals on the new January thread, FS101? That might be easier. I will see if I can move them, if you agree.

Jump into January 2017 is a good energetic title, Anne-Marie. Would you like to start the thread?

T

futuresaver101
Lemon Pip

Postby futuresaver101 » January 1st, 2017, 6:55 pm

T,

That sounds like a plan, see if they are moveable. If not, let me know if you would like me to re-post my 2016/2017 M6-inspired ramblings :)

FS101

Wondergirly

Postby Wondergirly » January 2nd, 2017, 8:36 pm

Wondergirly wrote:Final scores......

Health I averaged 6233 steps per day in November, so I would like to beat that this month. Continue with my rehab exercises and hopefully have my final physio appointment this month. Chase up Pilates teacher for an initial consultation.
Signed off by the physio, with a 3 month window to go back to her if necessary. Rehab exercises down to 3 times a week and I commence light weight training in the new year.
Bad news on the Pilates teacher; she is completely booked up for the foreseeable future so I need to have a rethink. Physio has suggested a couple of others, so I will consider those in the new year.
Final average steps per day for December came in at 7312.

Work Continue to monitor our limited company for evidence of any further attempted fraud. We have made the decision to close down the company after the end of the 2016/17 financial year so I shall close down one of the company bank accounts in preparation.
Finally managed to change the address on said bank account, I shall attempt to now close it. They have been very difficult to deal with! Need to carry this over as I am waiting on someone else doing something.

Money Still on the back burner until January, but some cost-saving measures are being discussed.
Nothing new here.

Home We have the building regs. drawings from the architect, but still no word on the visit of the structural engineer. Continue to chase. Meanwhile, unpack the Christmas tree and decorations and get those up; that will at least cheer the place up a bit.
Decorations are up, just a few finishing touches to add (fresh greenery etc.)
Structural engineer booked in for 4th January, hooray!

Play A good bunch of social events already in the diary, but must remember to plan in breathing space!
Thoroughly enjoyable and have managed to plan in relaxation too.

Christmas Have a good tidy up and clean as I meander around the house looking for things I need for Christmas. Done.
Get the house decorated, as mentioned previously. Done.
Post cards to those we won't see over the holidays. Done.
Choose, buy, and arrange delivery of presents to family we won't see for a while. Done.
Choose, buy and wrap presents for visiting family, and do stockings for Christmas eve. Done.
Begin food shopping list (and attempt to run down cupboards/fridge/freezer over next couple of weeks), do food shopping, cook food, eat food (along with generous amounts of wine). Done. Rather too well.......

So, not many 'measurables' on there, but we are planning a very relaxing and festive month before cracking on with more serious stuff in 2017.
It was very enjoyable, seeing family and friends old and new.

Heading over to January and a brand new year!

W

DeBriefed

Postby DeBriefed » January 3rd, 2017, 11:05 am

Oh dear - only managed to get one of my 6 things properly done... *sigh*. Bit of a difficult Christmas here and life has taken over goals a bit. Never mind - will try harder in January (at least I know 6 will get done because it has to, and 5 is very likely to get done as we got new towels for Christmas!)

1) Buy Christmas presents and finalise where we need to be when. YES!!!
2) Invite friends for lunch in January (have been meaning to do this for ages and if I leave it any longer it will never happen). STARTED - BUT DATE NOT CONFIRMED
3) Speaking of furry feet, find a solution to our mouse problem (have been seeing a mouse occasionally for about a month and traps/poison don't seem to be working... might have to get the professionals in). NOT SEEN FOR A WHILE BUT NOT CONVINCED WE ARE FREE.
4) Declutter airing cupboard. NOPE
5) Fill in tax return. NOPE

Feeling a bit deflated :?

doone100

Postby doone100 » January 3rd, 2017, 1:55 pm

December round up,
No change from 20th except that the tree went up and all Christmas prep was completed. An enforced day at home on 31st saw me doing some serious tidying up in our bedroom which forms the foundation for a Jan goal.

Doone

Return to “Your Tomorrow Starts Today”