Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

A plan backed by action.....

Think it, Plan it, Do it
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

A plan backed by action.....

Postby Itsallaguess » December 28th, 2018, 6:23 am

Best wishes for 2019.

I'll just leave this here -

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: A plan backed by action.....

Postby Dod101 » December 28th, 2018, 7:01 am

Seems as if Itsallaguess is getting fired up for the new year. I reciprocate his good wishes for 2019, although we have a long weekend to navigate before then.

Dod

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » September 27th, 2019, 2:20 pm

Dream:win lottery

Goal: by last Wednesday

Plan: Buy ticket. Check ticket. Collect winnings.

Action: Bought ticket. Checked ticket. .....

So where's the reality then ? I want me money back

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » September 27th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Snorvey wrote:
Well?

Updates please.

Hi Snorvey,

I'm actually quite pleased with how my 2019 aims have gone to be honest, so thanks for asking.

I wanted to continue losing a bit of weight, which I've been looking to do for around 18 months now, and after weighing myself earlier today I can tell you that today I hit a new low weight, although there are the normal fluctuations of a few pound here and there over any given month. I wasn't, and am not, particularly overweight, but I was worried about that middle-aged paunch us blokes seem to get if we let things wander, and I'm keen to maintain a watchful eye on stuff like that if I can.

The other 2019 aspect I really wanted to concentrate on, at the same time as the above relatively low-level (but persistent....) weight-loss/maintenance regime, was to try to improve my upper-body strength, especially in the shoulders, which I've had a few niggles with over the years. Again, this is something I've been really happy with, and using a regular but not-too-intensive routine of dumb-bells and push-ups, I've been really happy with progress in this area. It's surprising how quickly a set of regular upper-body-strength routines can really help with strength, stamina, and muscle-tone, and the long-term issues with my shoulders have improved brilliantly, so that's definitely going to deliver another tick in the box for my 2019 goals.

Snorvey wrote:
And cut yer fingernails ya manky b****d

Well that's timely, as I also wanted 2019 to be the year that I began to walk back on internet-based confrontation, so I do relish the opportunity to yet again test my resolve in this area......They are, of course, not my finger-nails....

How about you - are your 2019 goals panning out in ways that you're happy with?

Still farting your way up those mountains?

:O)

Joking aside - I do enjoy your trip photographs a great deal - it looks like a beautiful part of the country.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » September 27th, 2019, 9:19 pm

I keep meaning to do something about that middle age (well - 75 plus) spread, but so far it has defeated me. Arms and shoulders get lots of exercise rowing the boat up and down the loch - I have not yet succumbed to using an electric outboard motor. But I admit, I have succumbed to using a bike with an electric motor - but that still involves a lot of pedalling. And I'm still climbing up to hills lochs on fishing holidays in Assynt.
But in spite of all of this I have a definite paunch - and I don't think I over-eat. Any suggestions - short of starvation?
Bad tempered angry persons are usually slim, and contented persons are often on the plump side. So I'm getting thoroughly bad tempered by responding to Polite Discussions. Maybe that will help.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » September 27th, 2019, 9:41 pm

Snorvey wrote:
Sadly....I have found that it is impossible to exercise away a belly. Unless you are on a marathon or Tour de France type training regime.

The only option is to cut back on calories, which is a total bummer.

I've got to agree with that. If it's not a universal fact, then I can only add that it's certainly been the case with me too...

I make sure not to have as many large evening meals as I used to some years ago, and I do think that's probably made the biggest difference to my weight.

To be honest, I didn't really expect additional exercise to show any huge benefit regarding weight-control in itself, but I do strongly think that a certain mindset is the single most important aspect to this issue, at least for me, and I find that I tend to eat much healthier when I maintain a consistent exercise routine, so hitting the problem from each direction separately seems to strongly enhance my desire to maintain a good approach to both collectively, I find...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “Your Tomorrow Starts Today”