This year, I have decided that to actually post some goals and updates on here, rather than just lurking. I'm certainly not going to post daily updates as Tortoise is doing, but I will read hers with interest!
So, 2020 resolutions. Well, January 2020 resolutions at any rate.
Do more exercise.
I had the first of my "being old" checks at the GP's 4 years ago, and want to have made some inroads into this before my next one in 2021. I was classed as completely inactive four years ago, as walking everywhere doesn't get my heart rate up so doesn't count. I can run for a bus, but running for a train (from the Underground to the Thameslink at Kings Cross St Pancras) is too much. My heart was still beating fast and hurting a bit 5 minutes later, and my breathing didn't feel "normal" for nearly half an hour.
- I will swim every Wednesday that my daughter is in school, and I am not away with work.
- In January, I will do some exercise at home at least 2 days per week.
Food and nutrition.
- No alcohol in January (I do this most years) except on my birthday (or a nearby weekend day) if I feel like it.
- No caffeine in February.
Finish off more things than I start. I had this resolution last year, and it was great until about October. Then I got carried away and started too many things.
- Finish off the last Christmas present
- Finish off the last Christmas decorations
- Finish off the purple squirrel.
- Make a list of the "horrible jobs" that I don't want to do, and decide when to do them. This includes cleaning the windows, cleaning out the kitchen cupboards, doing the filing.
- Make a list of the "nice jobs" that I would like to do, and decide when to do them. This includes making cheese, making a cushion cover, going to a knitting circle.
- Try pruning a bit more in the garden. Don't worry, my philosophy is that if I kill it, something else will grow back in its place and it is no loss. There are very few things in the garden that I put in or I couldn't live without. Perhaps the lawn is the thing I care about most.
- Plan when I am going to plant seeds for the garden. Make pots for seedlings from newspaper.
- Buy a mower. Look into lawn seed.
- Make dates to see friends. Fill up the diary sensibly! I got bad at this at the end of 2019, and there were people that I just couldn't fit in for a couple of months.
Oh my gosh, that's a long list. I'll come back at the start of February, and let you know how I get on. Also, if three quarters gets ticked off, that's a good thing in my view. That's how my to-do-lists work best for me!