Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Fortunate February

Think it, Plan it, Do it
futuresaver101
Lemon Pip

Re: Fortunate February

Postby futuresaver101 » February 17th, 2017, 7:39 pm

Hi,

Well, this little month is almost over and I haven't been monitoring my progress as much as for last month.

Will do a quick review now, have been ill for the past few days (bad cold)

FS101

Home/Work Routine 2017 goals
Priority for February
3) Be in bed lights out by 10 pm three days/week - not a complete fail, mostly because I have been in bed early as ill :)
6) Daily (hamstring and more) stretches. Using my new physio "toys" - haven't done very much at all

Professional 2017 goals

Priority for February
2017 #3 - Write and publish a CPD blog series in house - have drafted the first three posts, was quite fun - and got them reviewed by someone who said I was heading in the right direction
2017 #6 - Get a good in my April 2017 appraisal, ongoing support and resources from my employer - have managed not to miss deadlines, nor put my foot in it on a politically sensitive project. MAJOR reorganisation has thrown quite a few people off balance, people having to reapply for jobs

Study and life admin 2017 goals
Priority for February
2) Put away *at the end of each day* clutter around my desk - hmmm - looking pretty messy right now, will fix ASAP
4) Do my (work) diary at least three days/week - managing at least one day/week, which is better than last year when I didn't do it for four months!

Brava21
Lemon Pip

Postby Brava21 » February 21st, 2017, 2:25 pm

Hi all

A ‘three quarter of the way through February’ (hurrah) report. For February the goals were various minor domestic things, with three items particularly which I wasn’t looking forward to:

Clean kitchen cupboards
Clean insides of windows
Clean venetian blinds

Hahaha! All done. As usual, it wasn’t so bad when I got started.

Excitingly (well, I was excited, but then I am easily pleased) I was able to get outside at the weekend, whilst we were having that almost June like weather, and I cut the lawn at the front of the house. I can’t tell you how much it cheered me up to be able to do some stuff outside, and to admire my neatly clipped lawn afterwards. It would be nice to be able to do some prep for the exterior jobs before we go on holiday in mid March. The fences could do with scrubbing here and there before they are painted, as could a low wall at the front near the garage, which will then need to be given a coat of white paint. I found some masonry paint I forgot I had a couple of weeks ago, which should be more than enough to do the job. Mind you, this is all weather permitting

And I have got around to posting on the Building and DIY Board about which fence paint to get.

You can’t call any of this brilliant progress, I know, but considering how poorly I have been over the past month, it isn’t too bad. Onwards…

Brava x

futuresaver101
Lemon Pip

Postby futuresaver101 » February 25th, 2017, 7:52 pm

Hi,

I could do an update on my goals this week...but on the other hand, I think it would be more of the same i.e. "could do better".

So, I'll raise a glass of nice red wine to my YTST friends instead :)

FS101
P.S. This is my first glass, honest :D

Tortoise1000
2 Lemon pips

Postby Tortoise1000 » February 28th, 2017, 6:41 pm

I hope March is healthier for you, Brava.

It's tomorrow! Anyone like to suggest a name?

T

Tortoise1000
2 Lemon pips

Postby Tortoise1000 » March 2nd, 2017, 10:11 am

February report:

Health

Keep walking 6 days a week and logging it on Strava. Yes! Neat rows of variously-sized blobs on the training log.

Keep attending SW meetings. The meetings have got so popular they have had to move to a larger hall which is a longer walk away. I am undeterred.

House project

Collect a list of jobs for the carpenter. Pathetic, I haven’t even started it. However I have booked him to replace the fence in April.

Choose and order a wood burning stove. Not quite.

Arrange the wanted books on the bookshelves. Get the unwanted ones out of the house. Stack the non-book papery things, photos etc, somewhere temporarily. Look at archive boxes in Staples. Done

Keep tidying and de-cluttering the store room and garage to the extent that I can get the dining room clutter in there. It was done, but more clutter is accumulating.

Iron the replacement sofa covers, fit them on and recycle the old ones. Empty the last few removal boxes. Phone the removal firm to come and take them all away. Done

Finances.

Rearrange my desk.
Still not done :-(

Review 2016-17 finances to date and take action to optimise tax position before the year end. Done. My elaborate tax-planning spreadsheet has helped me work out what size UPFLS to take out of my SIPP this year, and I have started the process of taking it

TJ.

Deal with the trauma of the exam results.
Done. January exams are safely in the distance and the May ones have not yet come into view. So all is rosy :-)

Keep on helping with the cookery I try my best, but it is not his thing. He doesn’t get organised and ends up living on takeaways all the time. This is bad for his fitness and his bank balance. He came home for a weekend and I sent him back laden with home-made frozen casseroles. Don’t know what he will do when they run out; come home for some more perhaps. I could post them, but they would be two days in transit. Would they stay frozen enough?

Keep on having our regular weekly finance meetings to help him manage his money.
Done. Yesterday he finally got all his back pay from the UOTC, which was much needed.

His military career s going well, btw. Leaving the RMR, a professional fighting force, for the UOTC, an ex-public schoolboy social club was a tough decision, very much from the sublime to the ridiculous in the eyes of his RM officers. But it had to be done if he was to take the final year of his degree. It was hard to make the change at first, but it is turning out well. He was able to skip the first year of soldiering training because of his RM experience. He went straight onto the second year leadership course and is learning interesting officering skills. He will attempt the Pre-Parachute Selection course (‘P Company’) in April. This is the Army equivalent of the Commando Tests, not so well known to civilians but equally horrible. Or maybe more horrible!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P_company

T

DeBriefed

Postby DeBriefed » March 5th, 2017, 11:58 pm

Hello all!

Late to post. Baby held off until induction (Friday) so got most of my list done!

1) Declutter airing cupboard and find space for new towels (left over from January). - YES! THOUGH NEED TO PERSUADE OH TO LOSE A FEW OF HIS TOWELS...
2) File paperwork and update financial plan with latest information on spending etc. - YES!
3) Sort out toddler clothes kindly gifted for my DD by my SIL. - YES!
4) Pack hospital bag. - YES!
5) Organise DD's chest of drawers to give one drawer over to clothes for baby. - YES!
6) Finish sorting out handover for work (I have somebody to hand over every project to, but some of them would really benefit from handover notes - need to get this done next week). - YES!
7) Have many lunches with friends while I still can and maybe see a couple of exhibitions while I'm off work. - YES/NO: LOTS OF LUNCHES... NO EXHIBITIONS
8) Try to finish doing Trans-Mongolian photo album (only 8 years after the actual trip...) - NO
9) Sort out kitchen cupboard/drawer of doom (you know, the one containing stamps, birthday candles, tape, bits of chargers, stuff for the car, etc. etc.) - YES!!
10) Fit baby seat in car and drop travel cot to my sister's house. - YES!
11) Declutter/tidy bedroom. YES!
12) Declutter/tidy spare room. ISH...

doone100

Postby doone100 » March 6th, 2017, 1:00 pm

Late EOM update. Feb came and went in a blur. Some weekends were spent at Miss Doone's as well as a couple of days earlier in the month. Other time has been taken with trying to help Paul adjust to new working conditions, leaving little time to tackle the tasks.

Carried over from January- finish 2 sewing projects, try a new recipe, AGM minutes.Done

Health- seriously get diet back on track, do the hand exercises recommended by the GP.Diet much better but I keep forgetting the hand exercises

Home- Sort out box of stuff currently on spare room bedDone, Kitchen cupboard declutterNot done, thoroughly clean Kitchennot done, tidy gardenstarted.

Family- Arrange to visit MumMum will be coming to visit in March send New Baby card to Mr Doone's nephewDone plus 2 other birthday cards. Get used to Mr Doone's new working scheduleMmmm, still waiting for Mr Doone to get used to his new schedule.

Work- progress long term projectIt's taking a while, most of the accounts relate to bankrupt airlines scattered all across Europe and I am having to wait for others to do the research and make contact in local language. Find someone to show me how to use One NoteMy boss suggests that I use online tutorials, this is my least favourite way of learning :( .

Finance- call Endowment providerDone, continue focus on discretionary spend.Ongoing

Hobby- Prepare agenda for March committee meetingDone, get committee to focus on having the Van weighed, MOT'd and paperwork transferred to new designated driversDone, MOT tomorrow, new drivers to be added to policy this week, registered keep to remain as is until end of current insurance period then will be transferred. Go through "kitchen box" so see what supplies are neededNot done, but this isn't so important for Corfe as there is a village shop very nearby.

Sewing. Buy pattern paper and start draft of pattern for new wool gownA small start

Wondergirly

Postby Wondergirly » March 6th, 2017, 5:29 pm

Wrapping up February......

Health
Continue with my 1000 mile challenge On target.

Weight training three times per week Not quite, must do better.

Hip is rather sore so I have postponed seeing the surgeon until April in the hope that time proves a healer. I am still able to go back to the physio until March so if it is no better in two weeks I will make an appointment. Physio appointment booked as no significant improvement yet.

Work
Deal with final company bank statements as they arrive and reconcile accounts All filed and checked

Still need to close an account, but waiting on Someone Else to do Something. This could run and run.....Nope, carry over

Money
Review January outgoings and trim February where possible. Good results here, have made some sensible cuts that will not impact our lifestyle in any major way.

Consider changing broadband provider *shudder* if I cannot get a better deal from our current provider Have instigated a switch to BT

Home
We hope to see some quotes arriving soon for our building work. Four firms have visited and taken plans away so we are now answering their queries and hosting visits from their various subbies and/or QS Two preliminary quotes in, still things to negotiate

Again, get 'stuff' down to a minimum. This month still need to do general fripperies(carried over) and make a start on clothes Good progress and started on clothes

Continue in the front garden; still some shrubs to remove and weeding to be done. OH is planting the new viburnums as we speak All large shrubs now gone, still some weeding to do

Play
One outing in the diary and as it is two nights away that is more than enough for February. Was great fun!

Continue attending 'knit and natter' Really enjoying this

Plenty of walking when the weather is amenable (been dreadful so far this month) Well we have walked through rain, hail and gales so it can only get better!

Continue with my 'temperature blanket' and learn to knit socks Blanket on schedule and getting the hang of socks :)

Marching onwards.........

W

Return to “Your Tomorrow Starts Today”