Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Wise Alpha for corporate bonds

Gilts, bonds, and interest-bearing shares
bobsmydog
Lemon Pip

Wise Alpha for corporate bonds

Postby bobsmydog » December 16th, 2018, 6:06 pm

Just found this fintech, wisealpha.com, for buying notes of corporate bonds, an interesting offering I think for access to institutional bonds and at low cost.

The robo option appealed to me for good diversification and with less work.

I've put a bit in today to see how it pans out and I see Mr Robo has invested in 63 bonds for me. I can view the upcoming interest each month for the bext 12 months. Nice touch!

Anyone else tried this out?

Alaric
Lemon Half

Re: Wise Alpha for corporate bonds

Postby Alaric » December 16th, 2018, 7:05 pm

bobsmydog wrote:Just found this fintech, wisealpha.com, for buying notes of corporate bonds, an interesting offering I think for access to institutional bonds and at low cost.

1% taken off the return, so you get 4% if the bonds pay 5%.

0.25% exit fee if you sell before maturity, also depending on whether a matched buyer can be found.

The assets are held offshore, outside of FSCS compensation.

I'd suspect a user of the site is incurring platform risk to a greater extent than buying through those platforms who give access to Retail bonds. Against that, there appears to be a wide range of Bonds available.

bobsmydog
Lemon Pip

Re: Wise Alpha for corporate bonds

Postby bobsmydog » December 16th, 2018, 10:39 pm

Alaric wrote:
bobsmydog wrote:Just found this fintech, wisealpha.com, for buying notes of corporate bonds, an interesting offering I think for access to institutional bonds and at low cost.

1% taken off the return, so you get 4% if the bonds pay 5%.

0.25% exit fee if you sell before maturity, also depending on whether a matched buyer can be found.

The assets are held offshore, outside of FSCS compensation.

I'd suspect a user of the site is incurring platform risk to a greater extent than buying through those platforms who give access to Retail bonds. Against that, there appears to be a wide range of Bonds available.

Charges 1.5%: but compared to the bid offer spread of 2-3% (at best - sometimes a lot more) to buy and again to sell corporate bonds makes it look a cheap way to acquire these to me?

Agreed - possible platform risk with this new company

Return to “Gilts and Bonds”